>

Season 2016/17

#
What? No celebrations after a draw against Bayern?! I am disappointed!
#
#
Zicolov schrieb:

Yes, that was a good one! (Sorry for the late response. I've been offline due to life outside football.)

What do you guys think? Is there a chance of beating Gladbach tonight?
#
A point is a point. Otherwise there was not much to write about. I think the whole game had only three shots on target.

Hradecky flashed his reflexes at the right time.
#
A tough match against Köln! The last minutes were almost impossible to watch! Fortunately Köln couldn't get the equalizer.
#
A tough match against Köln! The last minutes were almost impossible to watch! Fortunately Köln couldn't get the equalizer.
#
arytsy schrieb:

We couldn't complain if they scored in the second half. So I'm very happy with the three points, that's for sure. But it's a certain type of quality to actually win a match like this one. For most of the last season I am pretty sure we would have conceded the equalizer back then, just to say the least. Kovac is doing a superb job at the moment, it feels like he's getting into the player's heads, which is very important to built a unity and have everyone on board. Of course he demands a lot, but the lads see where it takes them. So we're in a really good situation at the moment, not to forget about the 18 points we picked up already.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the match against Bremen will turn out on Sunday. They have a few guys with a good quality apparently coming back from injuries (Pizzaro, Kruse, Bargfrede) and they need to pick up some points as  they are pretty much in the same spot like they were during most of last season. On the other hand we had 4 (!) matches in a row without conceding any goals (3 league, 1 cup), so the team will for sure try to continue this run. This is going to be interesting...

#
arytsy schrieb:

We couldn't complain if they scored in the second half. So I'm very happy with the three points, that's for sure. But it's a certain type of quality to actually win a match like this one. For most of the last season I am pretty sure we would have conceded the equalizer back then, just to say the least. Kovac is doing a superb job at the moment, it feels like he's getting into the player's heads, which is very important to built a unity and have everyone on board. Of course he demands a lot, but the lads see where it takes them. So we're in a really good situation at the moment, not to forget about the 18 points we picked up already.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the match against Bremen will turn out on Sunday. They have a few guys with a good quality apparently coming back from injuries (Pizzaro, Kruse, Bargfrede) and they need to pick up some points as  they are pretty much in the same spot like they were during most of last season. On the other hand we had 4 (!) matches in a row without conceding any goals (3 league, 1 cup), so the team will for sure try to continue this run. This is going to be interesting...

#
Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

I agree, the team has a whole new attitude this season. Kovac has made a world of difference. I hope he and some of the great new players stay with the SGE.
#
What a great match against Bremen! The Eintracht passing game was a class of its own, Hradecky saved a few tricky shots and the subs delivered 100%.
#
What a great match against Bremen! The Eintracht passing game was a class of its own, Hradecky saved a few tricky shots and the subs delivered 100%.
#
arytsy schrieb:

Indeed the subs delivered! Every piece falls into place at the moment, it's really a time to appreciate in various ways. Let's collect as many points as possible and then see where it takes us. We brought quite a distance between us and the relegation zone, that's all that matters at the moment.
Hradecky by the way also played one horrible pass right to a Bremen attacker. Nothing we're used to see, but it happens - so everyone forgives him. And he also kept the ball out with an outstanding reflex.

arytsy schrieb:

I agree, the team has a whole new attitude this season. Kovac has made a world of difference. I hope he and some of the great new players stay with the SGE.

Absolutely. Kovac is taking pretty much everyone to a different level right now. But also Bobic and others are doing their homework right now. Speaking about the players: Abraham just signed a new contract, some others still have a year or more to go. Chandler's contract is expiring though, I think he might sign a new one before the second half of the season - at least I'm hoping for it. Seferovic is a free-agent at the end of this season too, but talks are ongoing. If possible we should also held talks with players who's contracts are ending after next season, players like Hradecky or Oczipka. Those are really important players, it would be great to have them stay with us a bit longer asap.
#
Hessenschau.de:

Many fans in Frankfurt secretly study the European club map again. It seems to be no different in the team. "We dream," said goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky. The obligatory "but" followed naturally on the foot: "But first we have to reach the 40 points."

http://hessenschau.de/sport/fussball/eintracht-frankfurt/torhueter-lukas-hradecky-erklaert-eintracht-hoehenflug,hradecky-heimspiel-100.html
#
Hessenschau.de:

Many fans in Frankfurt secretly study the European club map again. It seems to be no different in the team. "We dream," said goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky. The obligatory "but" followed naturally on the foot: "But first we have to reach the 40 points."

http://hessenschau.de/sport/fussball/eintracht-frankfurt/torhueter-lukas-hradecky-erklaert-eintracht-hoehenflug,hradecky-heimspiel-100.html
#
arytsy schrieb:

"But first we have to reach the 40 points."

Which is really true. Last time we got relegated we collected 26 points before the winter break. I really appreciate the buzz around Eintracht at the moment, but in the end I'd be totally cool with a season that ends without any worries somewhere in the middle of the table. Of course a bit more won't hurt, but it's not the time to think about those things right now.
#
arytsy schrieb:

Which is really true. Last time we got relegated we collected 26 points before the winter break. I really appreciate the buzz around Eintracht at the moment, but in the end I'd be totally cool with a season that ends without any worries somewhere in the middle of the table. Of course a bit more won't hurt, but it's not the time to think about those things right now.
#
Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

My guess for this season was 10th so anything above that makes me happy. Things can change really fast in football, but I hope that the team can keep up the momentum.
#
Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

My guess for this season was 10th so anything above that makes me happy. Things can change really fast in football, but I hope that the team can keep up the momentum.
#
That would be great. Just keep going as long as possible, it'll provide all of us with a ver merry Christmas and then we'll see what happens next year. Maybe we can keep one or two of the young hopefulls, like Vallejo for another year. Also Russ and Stendera will be coming back, so that adds some additional quality to the team as well. I also hope Varela will be back from his injury sooner or later and can bring something to the table too.

That's the great thing about Eintracht: It never gets boring!
#
What a great match and a great win against BVB! And now third on the table! This looks like absolute magic, I am so happy to travel to Frankfurt for the next home game.
#
What a great match and a great win against BVB! And now third on the table! This looks like absolute magic, I am so happy to travel to Frankfurt for the next home game.
#
arytsy schrieb:

What a great match and a great win against BVB! And now third on the table! This looks like absolute magic

Does anyone know what is happening right now? Wow... this burning passion Kovac brought into the team is outstanding. In some way he's teaching the basics: Run your lungs out, fight for your life, be a team, help each other. It sounds so easy, but it really gets us going. Not that we don't play some proper football as well, but right now it's the spirit that wins our matches, more than anything else.

arytsy schrieb:

I am so happy to travel to Frankfurt for the next home game

Where are you traveling from?
#
arytsy schrieb:

What a great match and a great win against BVB! And now third on the table! This looks like absolute magic

Does anyone know what is happening right now? Wow... this burning passion Kovac brought into the team is outstanding. In some way he's teaching the basics: Run your lungs out, fight for your life, be a team, help each other. It sounds so easy, but it really gets us going. Not that we don't play some proper football as well, but right now it's the spirit that wins our matches, more than anything else.

arytsy schrieb:

I am so happy to travel to Frankfurt for the next home game

#
Zicolov schrieb:

Helsinki, Finnland. It's "only" a 1500 kilometer flight.
#
A point from a difficult game against Augsburg. After a solid start things begun to go wrong. Second half was better, but I'm still wondering if we should be worried about Rückrunde.
#
A point from a difficult game against Augsburg. After a solid start things begun to go wrong. Second half was better, but I'm still wondering if we should be worried about Rückrunde.
#
@ arytsy:

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää!
#
Zicolov schrieb:

#
arytsy schrieb:

Terve! Nice one, is it your first visit? Kiitos for making the trip (and that's it with finnish words I picked up and still remember from a visit to Oulu several years ago). At least you won't have a problem with the cold temperature . More like: Wow, it's lovely outside - is it already spring time?

A point in Augsburg is fine, no need to be disappointed, as it could have gone either way.
#
@ arytsy:

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää!
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

@ arytsy:

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää!

Danke! Es war Finnlands 99. Geburtstag.
#
arytsy schrieb:

Terve! Nice one, is it your first visit? Kiitos for making the trip (and that's it with finnish words I picked up and still remember from a visit to Oulu several years ago). At least you won't have a problem with the cold temperature . More like: Wow, it's lovely outside - is it already spring time?

A point in Augsburg is fine, no need to be disappointed, as it could have gone either way.
#
Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:

Terve! Nice one, is it your first visit? Kiitos for making the trip (and that's it with finnish words I picked up and still remember from a visit to Oulu several years ago). At least you won't have a problem with the cold temperature  . More like: Wow, it's lovely outside - is it already spring time?

Terve! No, I've been there a few times. I know a lot of people prefer other German cities and football clubs, but for me Frankfurt is the place to be. And yes, we just had -10 degrees Celsius, so I'm looking forward to milder temperatures - und natürlich Ihren lokalen Apfelwein!

Teilen