>

Season 2016/17

#
Zicolov schrieb:  

arytsy schrieb:
Helsinki, Finnland. It's "only" a 1500 kilometer flight.

Terve! Nice one, is it your first visit? Kiitos for making the trip (and that's it with finnish words I picked up and still remember from a visit to Oulu several years ago). At least you won't have a problem with the cold temperature  . More like: Wow, it's lovely outside - is it already spring time?

A point in Augsburg is fine, no need to be disappointed, as it could have gone either way.

Terve! No, I've been there a few times. I know a lot of people prefer other German cities and football clubs, but for me Frankfurt is the place to be. And yes, we just had -10 degrees Celsius, so I'm looking forward to milder temperatures - und natürlich Ihren lokalen Apfelwein!
#
My finnish friends always froze to hell, when they visited Germany because it's so humid around here and Finland is rather dry, what makes the cold (much colder though) more bearable. In their families were running rumors, that the women only came over looking for a reason to buy a new coat.
#
My finnish friends always froze to hell, when they visited Germany because it's so humid around here and Finland is rather dry, what makes the cold (much colder though) more bearable. In their families were running rumors, that the women only came over looking for a reason to buy a new coat.
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

In their families were running rumors, that the women only came over looking for a reason to buy a new coat.

Haliaeetus schrieb:

My finnish friends always froze to hell, when they visited Germany because it's so humid around here and Finland is rather dry, what makes the cold (much colder though) more bearable.

Well, that's definitely true. Those "wet" winters are really not a fun thing (for me). I'd rather be in a canadian or finnish -10°C than a Berlin or Hamburg -1°C.

arytsy schrieb:

No, I've been there a few times. I know a lot of people prefer other German cities and football clubs, but for me Frankfurt is the place to be.

Nothing to add. Period

arytsy schrieb:

und natürlich Ihren lokalen Apfelwein

As you might know: It's also served as a hot beverage in the winter time
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

In their families were running rumors, that the women only came over looking for a reason to buy a new coat.

Haliaeetus schrieb:

My finnish friends always froze to hell, when they visited Germany because it's so humid around here and Finland is rather dry, what makes the cold (much colder though) more bearable.

Well, that's definitely true. Those "wet" winters are really not a fun thing (for me). I'd rather be in a canadian or finnish -10°C than a Berlin or Hamburg -1°C.

arytsy schrieb:

No, I've been there a few times. I know a lot of people prefer other German cities and football clubs, but for me Frankfurt is the place to be.

Nothing to add. Period

arytsy schrieb:

und natürlich Ihren lokalen Apfelwein

As you might know: It's also served as a hot beverage in the winter time
#
Zicolov schrieb:

With the current, mild winters that's definitely true. Still, in January/February the temperature can drop below -20 even here in the south. Add a brisk northern wind to that and you can almost feel your soul freezing. Up north it's even tougher.
#
DW.COM: Eintracht Frankfurt extend head coach Niko Kovac's contract

Eintracht Frankfurt have extended the contracts of head coach Niko Kovac and his assistant and brother, Robert Kovac, for two years. Their contract had previously been set to expire at the end of the current season.

http://www.dw.com/en/eintracht-frankfurt-extend-head-coach-niko-kovacs-contract/a-36692189

This bit sounded great:
He (Kovac) noted that he had Bobic's word that the club would do all it can to attract new and better players to the clubs in the next couple of transfer windows.
#
So if today Berlin loses or plays a draw against RedBull and SGE beats Wolfsburg...Eintracht will be THIRD on the league table!
#
So if today Berlin loses or plays a draw against RedBull and SGE beats Wolfsburg...Eintracht will be THIRD on the league table!
#
arytsy schrieb:

Well that didn't go too well...
#
arytsy schrieb:

Well that didn't go too well...
#
It actually went down the drain, what a night... Did anything go according to plan at all? I don't think so. Bobic put it right: We came here dressed up like Santa Claus and brought the Wolves a shopping cart full of gifts. You better remember that match asap. Good thing: We'll have a chance to forget about it by tomorrow when we face Mainz.
#
It actually went down the drain, what a night... Did anything go according to plan at all? I don't think so. Bobic put it right: We came here dressed up like Santa Claus and brought the Wolves a shopping cart full of gifts. You better remember that match asap. Good thing: We'll have a chance to forget about it by tomorrow when we face Mainz.
#
Zicolov schrieb:

We came here dressed up like Santa Claus and brought the Wolves a shopping cart full of gifts

That is a good way to put it. I really, really hope the team can get back on track against Mainz. Otherwise it'll be an agonizing month before the beginning of Rückrunde.
#
It's a win! Nice way to finish the first half of the season. Not an easy game though. Before the red card things were looking tough. It seemed like Hradecky had to touch the ball more in this game than in the entire season.

Even though I think the team should've played a bit more aggressively after just one goal, I must admit that Kovac is a strategic genius! He has also created the best defensive team in the Bundesliga.
#
It's a win! Nice way to finish the first half of the season. Not an easy game though. Before the red card things were looking tough. It seemed like Hradecky had to touch the ball more in this game than in the entire season.

Even though I think the team should've played a bit more aggressively after just one goal, I must admit that Kovac is a strategic genius! He has also created the best defensive team in the Bundesliga.
#
arytsy schrieb:

It's a win! Nice way to finish the first half of the season. Not an easy game though. Before the red card things were looking tough.

True! Could have been 2-0 down already at this point. We also needed a little time after the sending off, but then played it pretty ok. The second goal was outstanding from the youngster Barkok of course! At the end of the day Mainz did way better than it reads in the final score. Let's put it this way: The way we won the game in a way made it up for the way we lost to Wolfsburg .

arytsy schrieb:

It seemed like Hradecky had to touch the ball more in this game than in the entire season.

But still 7 (!) clean sheets for him. And a little help from the upright early in the 2nd half. Still he's an amazing goalkeeper, that's for sure! Fun fact. He's the only player in the entire Bundesliga who played each and every minute in 2016! Not even another goalkeeper could keep pace.

arytsy schrieb:

Second best at the moment, but we're splitting hairs here! I mean we were almost relegated last season - this first half of the season felt a little bit like sleepwalking... Nevertheless the guys were desperately longing for a break, you could see that in the last two matches. Let's see what the second half of the seasons brings, but with 29 points already we should do ok.
#
arytsy schrieb:

It's a win! Nice way to finish the first half of the season. Not an easy game though. Before the red card things were looking tough.

True! Could have been 2-0 down already at this point. We also needed a little time after the sending off, but then played it pretty ok. The second goal was outstanding from the youngster Barkok of course! At the end of the day Mainz did way better than it reads in the final score. Let's put it this way: The way we won the game in a way made it up for the way we lost to Wolfsburg .

arytsy schrieb:

It seemed like Hradecky had to touch the ball more in this game than in the entire season.

But still 7 (!) clean sheets for him. And a little help from the upright early in the 2nd half. Still he's an amazing goalkeeper, that's for sure! Fun fact. He's the only player in the entire Bundesliga who played each and every minute in 2016! Not even another goalkeeper could keep pace.

arytsy schrieb:

Second best at the moment, but we're splitting hairs here! I mean we were almost relegated last season - this first half of the season felt a little bit like sleepwalking... Nevertheless the guys were desperately longing for a break, you could see that in the last two matches. Let's see what the second half of the seasons brings, but with 29 points already we should do ok.
#
Zicolov schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

True. The team needs to pull a small miracle against RedBull this weekend. Perhaps a draw?

By the way, Hradecky was chosen as the  Finnish Footballer of the Year few days ago. Let's hope that gives him an extra boost against RB.
#
What a terrible start! The fastest red card for a goalie I've ever seen.
#
What a terrible start! The fastest red card for a goalie I've ever seen.
#
yeah, but fuck that. Shit happens.
See it that way: Hradecky conquered another record and once again finished without any goal against him.
Sounds way better, doesn't it?
#
See it that way: Hradecky conquered another record and once again finished without any goal against him.
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

That's certainly one way to look at it! But seriously speaking, I was still glad to see how the team kept on fighting after that.
#
Smart play from Eintracht against S04. Even under pressure the team looked calm and confident.
#
Derbysieg!
#
DFB-Achtelfinalesieg! Hradecky must be all over the local press today... Die Stimmung muss in Frankfurt hoch sein.
#
DFB-Achtelfinalesieg! Hradecky must be all over the local press today... Die Stimmung muss in Frankfurt hoch sein.
#
his explanation was hilarious. He claimed that he wanted to be home without delay. That guy really has a good portion of humor.
#
#
What went wrong in the Ingolstadt match? A red card, a missed penalty... Sure, those explain it a bit, but from the start it also looked like the team wasn't controlling the game. I believe up to Abraham's red card FCI was winning the ball possession.

Teilen