>

a message from Swansea City fans

#
Hi welshman,
it's been a while that I didn't write and comment in "your diary" and as I'm quite busy today dealing all the argueing on the Germanwings plane crash, I will just refer to an older comment concerning where to eat and drink before the match (I think I should get some commission there by now). Just have in mind, there won't be freshly fermented Apfelwein just now: http://www.eintracht.de/meine_eintracht/forum/6/11106948/?page=5
Cheers!
Haliaeetus
#
Nice one H - I'll be there.
Welshman
#
Bags are packed (including lucky underpants for the game).Sick I won't see der Fussballgott but that's life.See you there people
KTH
Welshman
#
Have a safe trip and lots of fun, hope to get to meet you!

Greets,

littlecrow
#
Boys,what a weekend we had last weekend.Blown away by the atmosphere at the Waldstadion and also by the Apfelwein!!! The Westecurve were beyond belief,one of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced.The wife was far more interested in the singing than the football and did her best to join in at all times.We have some gret photos which I will post up shortly.H the Buchscheer was brilliant.No beer only Apfelwein as you know but it went down very well (too well).We met a load of SGE fans there and had a great time.
Frankfurt is a great city and very friendly .No one laughed at my attempts at German which I think improved with my drinking.
One question,what are all the padlocks on the bridge about?
Also,I was very disappointed not to have met any of you,so next time boys we will have to make certain arrangements.Perhaps at the beer stalls outside the ground.
One last thing,what is Kategorie F?
Good luck against BD.
I will certainly be back to Frankfurt.One of the best weekends ever.
KTF
Welshman
#
Guude welshman,

I'm glad to hear you've had a pleasant trip to Frankfurt and even got along with the mentality. People from Frankfurt like to describe themselves with the words "we may be rude, but we mean it that way!"

I should have warned you, I guess, but Frankfurt is a small island of Apfelwein in the midst of that big sea of beer called Germany and in some (tradicional) places you really don't get beer at all. Just good to hear, you got adapted to it quickly. And it does loosen your tongue so you obviously made all the right choices to improve your german.

Concerning your wife's interest in the singing of the Westkurve ... we'll unfortunately lately our players have the same attitude instead of concentrating on the happening on the pitch.

Padlocks? I suppose that's all the fuzz about it and "Kategorie F" I don't know. It might refer to the police statistics of category A (normal fans), category B (usually normal fans but might respond to violence with counter-violence) and category C (looking for violence; Hooligans) using the german vehicle registration plates code F for Frankfurt (also a common abbreviation for Frankfurt in general).
#
Congrats!
#
First match against Chelsea? Could be worse at least if you were spanish
#
Morning H.Two ways of looking at Chelsea away first game. One,we will be up for it (hopefully).Two,they will spank us.Whatever,at least the game will be over with.No one gave us a hope against Man U first game last season but the boys did it so as always I will keep the faith.
It surprises me how similar SGE and SCFC are perhaps thats the attraction for me.
It would be nice to come over again at Christmas this time particularly as my wife would love to visit the Christmas fairs you are so famous for.Heidlburg has a good one I've heard although beer fests are really more to my taste What would be the best game to see around this time  in your opinion?
Keep in touch
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
Morning H.Two ways of looking at Chelsea away first game. One,we will be up for it (hopefully).Two,they will spank us.Whatever,at least the game will be over with.No one gave us a hope against Man U first game last season but the boys did it so as always I will keep the faith.
It surprises me how similar SGE and SCFC are perhaps thats the attraction for me.
It would be nice to come over again at Christmas this time particularly as my wife would love to visit the Christmas fairs you are so famous for.Heidlburg has a good one I've heard although beer fests are really more to my taste What would be the best game to see around this time  in your opinion?
Keep in touch
Welshman

Well I totally agree in Heidelberg being worth a visit, though I've ever been to their Christmas Fair. Personally I really adore the Frankfurt Christmas Fair which was exported to our british partner-town Birmingham, subsequently spread over the country and became one of our main export goods - on weekends it can be pretty crowded though. Not too far south of Frankfurt there's Michelstadt, a small town with a medieval city-centre that is also famous for its "Weihnachtsmarkt" and practically every village or town shall have its own, so it is a good time to come over indeed. And once you get tired of christmas-shopping you could still easily get your wife "parked" anywhere and enjoy yourself with beer, Apfelwein and good old football.

Just before Christmas (18 - 20.12.) we expect Werder Bremen in Frankfurt. You will quite easily get to buy tickets I suppose and with a little luck it may even feel like Winter, which gives an even nicer athmosphere at the fairs (snow is not quite common just before Christmas, though some years ago against Volkswagen we had minus 16 degrees and the beer was frozen before you could return to your seats - that's rather seldom ... fortunately).

In the end of November we'll face Mainz (in Mainz) but as that's not even an hour by train (it's hardly further there from the airport than to Frankfurt itself) you can easily combine both. Depending on the exact fixture you might attend the match and even attend the christmas market including the "Frankfurt Bell concert" Saturday afternoon - when the city was rebuilt after WWII the sound of all the churches' bells were matched and (I think) only four times a year they ring simultaneously. It's quite impressing and to follow best on one the bridges over the Main as the sound does not get that much interrupted by the surrounding buildings. Just prepare it's gonna be pretty crowded. Moreover it might be difficult to get tickets for a Mainz-match. They are utterly afraid of being outnumbered on their own pitch, so they invent all sorts of obstacles for ticket-buyers in advance. Maybe it's even easier from abroad as they might not expect you to cheer for the opponent. In spring or summer some fans charter a ship to go to Mainz. Perhaps - if you should plan to do the entire trip - you could find tickets that way, too. It may get a little cold spending hours on the water but will surely be quite an experience and is certainly not the most common way of visiting an away-match.

Early December our guest will be Darmstadt who just returned to Bundesliga after an absence of more than 30 years. Does not sound too thrilling at first glimpse, but Darmstadt is located in the same federal land (Hessen) and can be considered a sort of "derby". So there too it may be difficult to get tickets.

So, you better chose one of these dates as early as possible, try to get tickets or as soon as you have made your plans maybe ask fan-clubs about their events (boat-trip, if there shall be one in late autumn or winter).
Here, you got a link on the Christmas Fair:
http://www.frankfurt-tourismus.de/en/Discover-Experience/Events/Festivals-in-Frankfurt/Frankfurt-Christmas-Market

If you need further help, just let us know - your blog is well-attended, I think  
#
Well hello there! So good to read that you finally took the trip and went to the Waldstadion. Been really busy the last year and haven't posted all that much, so sorry for that. Been keeping the faith anyways of course  

Actually being from Heidelberg, i thought i could give you some insights on HD's christmas markets. They are definately worth the visit. I'd even be inclined to say that around christmas time it might very well be the best time to go see HD. There is not one huge christmas market like in many other cities (the famous one in Nürnberg comes to mind) but several smaller ones scattered all around the city's historic centre, which - i think - is part of the charme, because you get to walk through the historic centre and see multiple christmas markets all with very different flairs. Most of them are along the main route through the historic centre anyways (Hauptstrasse), so you can barely miss them.

The biggest one is at the Universitätzplatz (University square) followed by the one on the Marktplatz at the Heiliggeistkirche which is very nice to hang out at. The one at Karlsplatz is rather small but has iceskating. All of them have their very own flairs, all worth the visit.

What i would definately recommend is coming somewhen between 3rd and 15th of december (based on 2014 dates, hasn't been anounced for 2015 yet) because we have an extra christmas market at the Heidelberg castle which is my absolute favorite. They put up white tents everywhere and having the castle iluminated in the background is just great:

All other christmas markets should be open all december until christmas. If you want even more and bigger christmas markets, Mannheim is just a 20 min drive from Heidelberg, or the ones in Frankfurt of course.

Looking at the schedule, the best game to attend to would probably be the Hessenderby against Darmstadt somewhere between 4th-6th of december. That game will have a unique atmosphere, i can already promise that. Lots of Eintracht supporters rooted for that team in the 2nd Bundesliga just for being another team from Hessia and being such an underdog. Still there is some oldschool hardcore rivalry between both teams being asleep for a long time, so yeah, it will be a great game to visit for sure.

Better keep an eye on the dates for the sales start though, because that game will sell out very quickly, no doubt.
#
Thanks very much H and J.I am having real problems with my computer and hence the reason for not being in touch more.I can assure you my feelings towards the mighty SGE have not lessend,quite the contrary after my recent visit.I will post up the photos in due course.
Keep well and enjoy your summer.Footie now only a couple of weeks away.Bring it on !!!
Welshman
#
Am I mistaken or can I hear the Tommies sing "swing low ..." in your very home?
#
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

anyhow: sweet revenge, sweet victory
now hang on against the Wallabies
#
do you like rugby at all?
Congrats for beating Fiji, but lacking the bonus point today, you'd better beat the Wallabies or pray they kick the Roses' asses
#
Morning H.My computer has been fixed and so I return ! Yeah I like rugby but it is nothing compared to the fanaticism of footie. Beating England at anything is always a pleasure but of greater pleasure is a higher FIFA ranking than them.We are through to the Euro Finals and I am off to France next year to watch us lift the cup (1 - 0 v Germany  
Again SGE and SCFC mirror each others progress - very spooky.
Will write more shortly and post those piccies of my trip to the mighty SGC when I have a bit more time.
All the best buddies
Welshman (I am back)
#
Good luck Welshman in the Euros, hope you do England (Im scouse not English)
Im over in Feb for our Europa game in Augsburg, next day up to Frankfurt for the Hamburg game, looking forward to this.
Any recommends for a few beers pre match?
#
well done, welshman (=Swansea). Seems like you saved yourself today. Very important victory and now a 9 point gap. So at least you'll stay up
#
well done, welshman (=Swansea). Seems like you saved yourself today. Very important victory and now a 9 point gap. So at least you'll stay up
#
Hello H my old pal.Sorry for huge delay in posting but have had terrible computer problems.I now have an IPad and so have at last moved into the 21st century.I have always said that SGE and SCFC share a similar fate and so it has been this season.Gott sei Dank that we are safe and now it is up to you boys after Saturday,s brilliant result.Next season I would like to go to an Eagles away game preferably Berlin but I am open minded   any suggestions?
Keep the Faith my brave Hessians
Welshman
#
Hello H my old pal.Sorry for huge delay in posting but have had terrible computer problems.I now have an IPad and so have at last moved into the 21st century.I have always said that SGE and SCFC share a similar fate and so it has been this season.Gott sei Dank that we are safe and now it is up to you boys after Saturday,s brilliant result.Next season I would like to go to an Eagles away game preferably Berlin but I am open minded   any suggestions?
Keep the Faith my brave Hessians
Welshman
#
thank god you're safe. Now you can lean back in your favority armchair and relax. Personally I'll be in Bremen and am feeling quite tense already. Well, lets be grateful for that. Few even believed in a remaining chance some weeks back. But it really is as they say: the opera is not over until that fat lady sang ... no idea if you have the same or a similar expression. But I'm happy at least our coach never gave in

Teilen