>

Relegation battle

#
Thought about adding an English thread for the rest of the season.

Times are tough for our beloved SGE. Any ideas how the team should tackle this challenge?

Personally I would like to see Kittel and Castaignos start today against Hoffenheim. Perhaps even use two strikers to get the goals needed for a win. No use holding back when you are second from the bottom.
#
About the Hoffenheim match: the first 15 minutes looked great. SGE pressured Hoffenheim, but it started to get more difficult as the game went on. Hradecky pulled a beautiful double save around 30 minutes!

After the Hoffenheim's first goal things just went from bad to worse. Guys like Kittel and Zambrano played well. I am not so sure about Stendera and Hasebe.

All and all, I think this loss boils down to too many missed opportunities and the lack of focus during the second half of the game. It's hard to turn this one around...
#
About the Hoffenheim match: the first 15 minutes looked great. SGE pressured Hoffenheim, but it started to get more difficult as the game went on. Hradecky pulled a beautiful double save around 30 minutes!

After the Hoffenheim's first goal things just went from bad to worse. Guys like Kittel and Zambrano played well. I am not so sure about Stendera and Hasebe.

All and all, I think this loss boils down to too many missed opportunities and the lack of focus during the second half of the game. It's hard to turn this one around...
#
arytsy schrieb:

it'll be difficult indeed. Kovac managed to bottom out our defense. It's way harder work though to implement an attacking system and automatisms to include or better to feed strikers. That will be a tough deal. Let's just hope and pray it still works out
#
arytsy schrieb:

it'll be difficult indeed. Kovac managed to bottom out our defense. It's way harder work though to implement an attacking system and automatisms to include or better to feed strikers. That will be a tough deal. Let's just hope and pray it still works out
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

How do you see rest of the season? I think on a good day the team might steal a point from Leverkusen, Mainz and BVB. Bremen and Darmstadt should be winnable, but like you pointed out, the attacking system needs a drastic upgrade.
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

How do you see rest of the season? I think on a good day the team might steal a point from Leverkusen, Mainz and BVB. Bremen and Darmstadt should be winnable, but like you pointed out, the attacking system needs a drastic upgrade.
#
arytsy schrieb:

How do you see rest of the season?

dark

arytsy schrieb:

I think on a good day the team might steal a point from Leverkusen, Mainz and BVB. Bremen and Darmstadt should be winnable, but like you pointed out, the attacking system needs a drastic upgrade.

I agree concerning Bremen and Darmstadt - we simply have to win these matches (but we already had to beat Ingolstadt or Hoffenheim, ...). Leverkusen oder Mainz? Well, perhaps a draw - meaning: one draw out of these two matches. Dortmund? No chance. They're way better and tend to fight the entire 90 minutes. I don't think we can even hope for a point. Still I want to see our guys trying their best.
Our defence has well approved but I lack fantasy to imagine how we can possibly beat the better teams. Against Bremen and Darmstadt battling and a little luck should do ... let's see if that is enough
#
Any news or ideas about the starting lineup against Leverkusen? Is it true that Reinartz is injured and can't play rest of the season? And how about Zambrano?
#
Speechless after today's game. There were some good chances, for example Kittel's shot around 56 minutes, but after the first setback everything just fell apart. It was tough going to keep watching until the final whistle.

How can the team rise from this? Or can it anymore?
#
Speechless after today's game. There were some good chances, for example Kittel's shot around 56 minutes, but after the first setback everything just fell apart. It was tough going to keep watching until the final whistle.

How can the team rise from this? Or can it anymore?
#
my summary
#
my summary
#
The title says it all. No need for further analysis.
#
in a certain way everything stays the same as before: we have to beat Darmstadt and Bremen and better win a further point (better 3) out of the matches against that annoying suburb or the brown-yellow fellows. Or match wasn't that bad (at least for 60 minutes - anybody knows it lasts quite a bit longer than that?) but the opponents managed to leap forward. Still Bremen is "just" 4 points ahead and should we diminish the gap to only three points it will stay in our hands until that very last match, when we face just them. Still: last days defeat feels really bad
#
in a certain way everything stays the same as before: we have to beat Darmstadt and Bremen and better win a further point (better 3) out of the matches against that annoying suburb or the brown-yellow fellows. Or match wasn't that bad (at least for 60 minutes - anybody knows it lasts quite a bit longer than that?) but the opponents managed to leap forward. Still Bremen is "just" 4 points ahead and should we diminish the gap to only three points it will stay in our hands until that very last match, when we face just them. Still: last days defeat feels really bad
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

Still: last days defeat feels really bad

Yip, Dortmund in May 2011. Nearly a great day out!!
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

Still: last days defeat feels really bad

#
dc_edinburg schrieb:

don't mention that day. I didn't quite have my best experiences that day in Dortmund.
#
The teams does fight (finally!), you see proper defending but still there's no punch in the offensive line. It's a "No Meier, No Party" situation and we have to get out of it NOW! We just need to score the opening goal just once, it would make things way easier for us.
Still Mainz on sunday is a tough fixture, they turn defending into attacking in the blink of an eye. We have to be very aware of that, otherwise we'll face situations like with the 0:1 against Hoffenheim quite frequently. Again: The defense is doing well under Niko Kovac and the result of the Leverkusen match says nothing about the match itselves. It's like everything that could have gone wrong just did. Again. We have to win against Mainz, no excuses, no alibis.
#
The teams does fight (finally!), you see proper defending but still there's no punch in the offensive line. It's a "No Meier, No Party" situation and we have to get out of it NOW! We just need to score the opening goal just once, it would make things way easier for us.
Still Mainz on sunday is a tough fixture, they turn defending into attacking in the blink of an eye. We have to be very aware of that, otherwise we'll face situations like with the 0:1 against Hoffenheim quite frequently. Again: The defense is doing well under Niko Kovac and the result of the Leverkusen match says nothing about the match itselves. It's like everything that could have gone wrong just did. Again. We have to win against Mainz, no excuses, no alibis.
#
Job done, even without scoring first!!

Counts for little though if they don't win in Darmstadt.
The last game in Bremen will hopefully be all to play for.
#
Darm match is as much of a must win as Mainz. I have a feeling that if the guys can win this one, then the team will fight the rest of the way to avoid relegation. BVB is tough, but I'm hoping that SGE goes into that game after a good win and that BVB lacks focus since Buyern has probably already cemented the BL title.
#
What's the situation with the security issues in Darmstadt? Is there really going to be a ban of SGE jerseys in the city center?
#
What's the situation with the security issues in Darmstadt? Is there really going to be a ban of SGE jerseys in the city center?
#
arytsy schrieb:

not likely to be kept up. The authorities obviously tried to threaten Frankfurt supporters by announcing that ban - but as fans went to court it's not going to persist, I suppose.
#
Bremen crushed Stuttgart last night so now the table runs from the bottom up Hannover, Stuttgart, SGE, Bremen and Darmstadt. SGE and Stuttgart both have 33 points but SGE is ahead because of goal difference. Bremen has 34 points, Darmstadt 35. The remaing two matchdays look like this:

SGE v BVB
Köln v Bremen
Stuttgart v Mainz
Hertha Berlin v Darmstadt

Bremen v SGE
Wolfsburg v Stuttgart
Darmstadt v Gladbach
#
Holy sh... that's gonna be tight. We better score against Dortmund and beat Bremen - tough deal it seems to me.
Let's just hope in the end we'll stay up and if Stuttgart goes down I'd call it alltogether a very satisfying year ... but that'll be still some weeks of suffering
#
Bild.de has a picture of Hradecky on the training grounds with an ice pack on his ankle. I hope it's nothing serious...

Teilen