>

Making a trip from Scotland to see match v Bremen

#
Good afternoon all,

Please accept my apologies for my poor grasp of the German language. Before I come over I'm going to do my best to learn the basics. Please bear with me!

Myself and 3 friends are coming over from Edinburgh at the start of April. We arrive on the Friday and have just bought tickets for the match v Werder Bremen. What kind of atmosphere should we expect?
We are all passionate football fans and due to us deciding to coke to a Frankfurt match we have now adopted them as our second team!
We are hoping for a really passionate atmosphere and are looking to find the. Eat place to drink prior to the match? We really want to be in amongst the locals and sample this as best we can.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Stu
#
Good afternoon all,

Please accept my apologies for my poor grasp of the German language. Before I come over I'm going to do my best to learn the basics. Please bear with me!

Myself and 3 friends are coming over from Edinburgh at the start of April. We arrive on the Friday and have just bought tickets for the match v Werder Bremen. What kind of atmosphere should we expect?
We are all passionate football fans and due to us deciding to coke to a Frankfurt match we have now adopted them as our second team!
We are hoping for a really passionate atmosphere and are looking to find the. Eat place to drink prior to the match? We really want to be in amongst the locals and sample this as best we can.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Stu
#
Hi Stuarty1892,

first of all sorry for letting you wait such a long time before answering but I took a little time off for Christmas an New Year.

stuarty1892 schrieb:

tickets for the match v Werder Bremen. What kind of atmosphere should we expect?

I can't really say. Right now we're pretty enthusiastic as we finally have a competitive team and (the fans) are aiming for Europe. In case that it stays that way, the atmosphere shoul be rather dense and euphoric in April.
Bremen itself is not one of our biggest rivals although last year we both struggled to stay in the first division and Bremen sent us to a decisive match against Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and hence we'd love to have a little pay back and make them do that extra-lap. The team Werder Bremen has lost quite a bit of their strenght lately, but they still have a powerful offence and in accumulated points are the number two team in Germany (unfortunately way ahead of us).
So if I had to guess: prepare for a good atmosphere with no violent clashes as there's no bigger rivalry between the fans and hopefully a sold out stadium (50000 - 51500, I suppose).

stuarty1892 schrieb:

Before the match I recommend the Restaurant Buchscheer right at the S-Bahn-Station Louisa just a footwalk from the stadium. Have a typical Frankfurt meal there and enjoy selfmade Apfelwein (the local cidre). Many fans meet there and will walk to the stadium ... you can't possibly miss it.

Many people though travel directly to the stadium either by S-Bahn (local metropolitan train) or Straßenbahn (tram) and might meet in front of the Main station (Hauptbahnhof) before the match having a couple of beers at the Irish Pub.

Just next to the stadium will be beer- and saussage-stalls. People will group everywhere around the stadium and have a couple of beers or Apfelwein. You'll be perfectly fine speaking english. It's kind of common to just mix with people and you'll easily get to talk to other locals or fans - whether down-town, in bars or at the stadium.

After the match it might be fun celebrating in Altsachsenhausen - an area full of bars half-way back down-town: https://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=317578&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=5021012

I hope that wasn't too confusing - but if there are any doubts feel free to ask.
#
Hi Stuarty1892,

first of all sorry for letting you wait such a long time before answering but I took a little time off for Christmas an New Year.

stuarty1892 schrieb:

tickets for the match v Werder Bremen. What kind of atmosphere should we expect?

I can't really say. Right now we're pretty enthusiastic as we finally have a competitive team and (the fans) are aiming for Europe. In case that it stays that way, the atmosphere shoul be rather dense and euphoric in April.
Bremen itself is not one of our biggest rivals although last year we both struggled to stay in the first division and Bremen sent us to a decisive match against Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and hence we'd love to have a little pay back and make them do that extra-lap. The team Werder Bremen has lost quite a bit of their strenght lately, but they still have a powerful offence and in accumulated points are the number two team in Germany (unfortunately way ahead of us).
So if I had to guess: prepare for a good atmosphere with no violent clashes as there's no bigger rivalry between the fans and hopefully a sold out stadium (50000 - 51500, I suppose).

stuarty1892 schrieb:

Before the match I recommend the Restaurant Buchscheer right at the S-Bahn-Station Louisa just a footwalk from the stadium. Have a typical Frankfurt meal there and enjoy selfmade Apfelwein (the local cidre). Many fans meet there and will walk to the stadium ... you can't possibly miss it.

Many people though travel directly to the stadium either by S-Bahn (local metropolitan train) or Straßenbahn (tram) and might meet in front of the Main station (Hauptbahnhof) before the match having a couple of beers at the Irish Pub.

Just next to the stadium will be beer- and saussage-stalls. People will group everywhere around the stadium and have a couple of beers or Apfelwein. You'll be perfectly fine speaking english. It's kind of common to just mix with people and you'll easily get to talk to other locals or fans - whether down-town, in bars or at the stadium.

After the match it might be fun celebrating in Altsachsenhausen - an area full of bars half-way back down-town: https://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=317578&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=5021012

I hope that wasn't too confusing - but if there are any doubts feel free to ask.
#
Hi there Haliaeetus,

That's great. I really appreciate you taking the time out to reply. Your post makes complete sense and we shall follow your advice to try and ensure that we get the best possible experience!
We are really looking forward to the trip and done a bit of research about the stadium online. It looks like a good atmosphere and one that we shall enjoy.

The apple cidre also sounds appealing!

Thanks again

Stu

Teilen