>

Questions for Freiburg game on 13th Jan

#
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about visiting the Commerzbank Arena for this game, my brother and I will be coming over from Scotland and seeing our first Eintracht game.

1. Can you take rucksacks / backpacks into the stadium? I presume no food/drink/glass obviously.
2. I'm sure public transport will be very busy after the game - how much time is reasonable to get to Frankfurt airport from the Commerzbank? Does a train leaving Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbf at 18.25 sound reasonable?
3. What are the facilities near the stadium like, if we arrive early are there fan areas with bars? Is it the same after the game as well?

Cheers
#
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about visiting the Commerzbank Arena for this game, my brother and I will be coming over from Scotland and seeing our first Eintracht game.

1. Can you take rucksacks / backpacks into the stadium? I presume no food/drink/glass obviously.
2. I'm sure public transport will be very busy after the game - how much time is reasonable to get to Frankfurt airport from the Commerzbank? Does a train leaving Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbf at 18.25 sound reasonable?
3. What are the facilities near the stadium like, if we arrive early are there fan areas with bars? Is it the same after the game as well?

Cheers
#
Hello Greg,

welcome to the Forum

1. Rucksack - you can take it with you, if it´s not too big. regular size is allright.
No glass bottles, as you already guessed, but a small tetra-pak is ok (i.e. capri sun)
2. The S-train leaves at ca 15 minute intervalls at "Bahnhof Stadion" from here it is a 5 minute Train ride to the Flughafen Regionalbahnhof, from there it should be a 10 Minute walk to Fernbahnhof.
3. There are several places / booths around the stadium where fans meet for drinks (and Bratwurst) before the game. Depending on how much time you have and what you are looking for there are lots of possibilities.

cheers an have a fun trip!
#

Cheers
#
Hi Greg
I'm an irish season ticket holder and I'll be at the game on the 13th, I could show youse the best place for a drink and how to get to the Train quickly after the game (altough neither of these is rocket science), and otherwise have a chat about this or that, if youse are interetsed just reply and I'll suggest a meeting point
#
Hi Greg
I'm an irish season ticket holder and I'll be at the game on the 13th, I could show youse the best place for a drink and how to get to the Train quickly after the game (altough neither of these is rocket science), and otherwise have a chat about this or that, if youse are interetsed just reply and I'll suggest a meeting point
#
Hi, thanks for the help. Our flight to Frankfurt is due in at 11am so we were thinking of jumping on a train to Frankfurt Sud and going for a drink in Sachsenhausen before the game, before heading towards the stadium. Is that where most fans go, pre match?
#
Hi, thanks for the help. Our flight to Frankfurt is due in at 11am so we were thinking of jumping on a train to Frankfurt Sud and going for a drink in Sachsenhausen before the game, before heading towards the stadium. Is that where most fans go, pre match?
#
Not so much before the game so I'd suggest leaving it until after as you'd be going a fair bit out the way. Good atmosphere down there at night.

From Stadion bahnhof up to the stadium there are plenty beer stalls where there will be a load of fans drinking. Also a few places to get something to eat if required. Better off drinking outside the stadium where there's a choice of drinks at decent prices compared to inside.

If you prefer the pub thing prior to heading to the stadium, then get off the train at the main station and have a few beers around there - avoiding the Irish Bar of course.

There's plenty within 2 minutes walk of the station and you'd have the choice of sbahn or tram back to the stadium - free travel all day for you with your football tickets.

#
#
Greg00451 schrieb:

If your plane arrives on matchday (?) at 11am, you should rather go to the stadium right away and spend your time in Sachsenhausen after the match. As written above you can find more than enough spots to drink, talk and meet fans close to the stadium. Also the fans are going inside the stadium earlier than in the PL for example, so you shouldn't get in like 10 minutes before kick-off.
#
Greg00451 schrieb:

If your plane arrives on matchday (?) at 11am, you should rather go to the stadium right away and spend your time in Sachsenhausen after the match. As written above you can find more than enough spots to drink, talk and meet fans close to the stadium. Also the fans are going inside the stadium earlier than in the PL for example, so you shouldn't get in like 10 minutes before kick-off.
#
Hi, thanks for the reply. I think we'll head to Frankfurt main to (briefly) see a little of the city, and leave Sachsenhausen till after the game as you say. We'll be sure to be around the stadium an hour or two before kick off, I'd like to drink with some Frankfurt fans close to the stadium to get an impression of fan culture over there.

I printed off the KombiTicket rail vouchers using the codes from the print@home tickets, what do i do with the vouchers? Do these just get presented to a train guard instead of a ticket or do these need exchanged for an actual train ticket at an office?
#
Just keep them handy in the unlikely event the tickets are checked on your train/s
#
That is what I call a Football fan.
Freiburg in January
Have fun and enjoy!
#
That is what I call a Football fan.
Freiburg in January
Have fun and enjoy!
#
He's from Scotland. I think he can deal both, football and winter.
And to be honest: it's not even cold right now.

So enjoy your stay and make it a victory in any aspect!

Teilen