>

The mood of the Forum

#
Just to convey the general mood from the forum.

It seems that the Eintracht forum is beginning to look into the future with a great deal of optimism. It took us all a long time to digest the last season. So many defeats, indeed, the last season was painful.

But I could sense now new confidence as to what the new season will bring along. I think that the Leverkusen match last Friday gave the fans some hope. The fans are rather pleased with the newcomers, especially the young ones and even with the coach.

In my opinion, Eintracht Frankfurt has the potential to become the showcase of the entire Bundesliga. Why? Simply because the Club is building more and more on young German talents (this is by no means a nationalistic practice). A sports club has a responsibility towards local talents. I must add however, that Eintracht was more or less pushed into this policy of local hires. But yet again, why not?

The fact that the Eintracht Management is set on a policy of “buying smart” pleases the fans. The fans are looking in desperation into the past when the Club wasted huge sums of money on so called talents whom at the end turned out to be useless.

Better days are coming and Bundesliga “ONE”, get ready, we will be back!

Regards

Davis (dasabu)
#
To get back to the “Showcase Club” point.

German football is currently going through some hard times. The main issue here is that the country is missing talents, or better said those who produce talents.

I understand if a club needs to ensure a successful season. No one is willing to take a risk and therefore (and since local talents are rare) the clubs search elsewhere.

Now let’s assume Frankfurt, with its 90% German players, is successful and continues its way to the premier league. As a result I would see that the National Team could predominantly consist of players from our Eintracht. Isn’t that a healthy development?

I see a bright future for the Eagles. They will set new standards in the Bundesliga.

I am aware that this point may not necessarily correspond to the topic of this thread, but I thought it may be of interest.

Teilen