>

v Greuther Fürth

#
The 9,000 who braved the foul conditions last night were richly rewarded. We had the better of Fürth in the first half. Wiedener gave us the lead on 15 mins when he lashed home a poor clearance from a corner. Despite our continued dominance, in what was a scrappy game, Fürth equalised when a shot from Fuchs took a wicked deflection beyond the reach of Proll.

I feared we would pay for that bit of bad luck when Fürth came out fighting in the second half. For fifteen minutes they had us on the rack. But a combination of poor finishing from them and fine goalkeeping from Proll kept them at bay. We slowly got back into the game and when Lenze put us ahead with 14 mins left it seemed we could go home wet but happy. However, some sloppy defending let Fürth in for an equaliser in the dying minutes and extra time beckoned.

Meier and Cha both scored in extra time and Fürth couldn’t find an extra gear to catch up. All in all, a good fighting performance from Eintracht gave us our fifth win in a row at home and a place in the last sixteen of the cup. A great atmosphere, despite the small crowd and appalling weather.

A question for the locals: what’s the problem with the German Cup? We’ve been treated, this year, to two great and exciting games, yet the fans don’t seem all that interested?

Keep the Faith!
#
@f-hoop

great service, I realy appreaciate your work allthough I live in Germany. It is a good way improving the football talk in english using your great style!

I hope you carry on with that service!
#
Many thanks for contributing to my big head! Dasabu also keeps the world informed when I'm not around.

Here's to a big win and a good (home) cup draw later today!

Keep the Faith!

M

Teilen