>

Message from Manchester

#
My friend and me are both Manchester City fans who are planning to come and watch Eintracht v Stuttgart on November 26th. I have always liked Frankfurt ever since the legendary Maurizio Gaudino played for us ( whatever happened to him? I hope he is not selling cars for a living? ha ha). What is the best way for us to get tickets? Will the match be a sell-out or can we turn up at the stadium and buy tickets on the day of the match?
I have heard Frankfurt is a great city for nightlife. Is it safe for 2 peace loving, beer drinking Englishmen at night?
I will be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks
#
Hi,

we have online-ticketing on the homepage, but I guess they don't sent tickets to foreign countries.
You can try to find somebody in the forum, who will buy the tickets for you and swap the tickets on the day of the match.

But I think the match will not be outsold!

In Frankfurt you need to drink "Äppler" instead of beer
#
Thanks. I think what I will do is get somebody I know who speaks German to ring the ticket office. Hopefully I will be able to pay by credit card and they can post them out.
If anybody else can offer any advice I will be most grateful. What is the hooligan situation like in Germany these days? Fortunately in England, at long last, it has nearly been wiped out.
#

blueuk35 schrieb:
I have always liked Frankfurt ever since the legendary Maurizio Gaudino played for us ( whatever happened to him? I hope he is not selling cars for a living? ha ha).

Gaudino played for two years in Antalya/Turkey in the second division.
In 2003 he came back to Germany. For one season he played for Waldhof Mannheim in the fourth german league.
Since 2004 he is sports manager in the club, in this season he made two games as a stand-by-player.

Greets from Mannheim

Olav
#
The number for tickets is +49 0180 5060303, I am nearly sure they are able to understand a little bit of english. If they aren´t able to help you I could buy tickets for you (tucktuck@t-online.de). The hooligan situation in Germany is sinking too. Around the stadium a normal supporter dont get in any trouble. Only the police is a little bit crude in front of the World Cup 2006 but nothing you have to worry about.

#
there is no hooligan problem in the 1.Bundesliga at the moment. and this since years. german police is very restrictiv according to the "world event" summer 2006. so you should not be realy "out of control" entering the stadium, it could become a problem to get in. police cares a lot theese days.

i´ve seen manchester city in, i guess, 1981 in manchester, but I do not remember against who. a friend of mine was living in manchester then and I viited her. was a lot of fun even it ended 0:0. but i have forgotten a lot.

come to fankfurt and enjoy our friendly and realy peaceful community.

and, even if you are forced to be "explorers", be careful with "äppler". i love it, but i own a "stomach made in frankfurt".

peter
#

tucktuck schrieb:
The number for tickets is +49 0180 5060303, I am nearly sure they are able to understand a little bit of english. If they aren´t able to help you I could buy tickets for you (tucktuck@t-online.de). The hooligan situation in Germany is sinking too. Around the stadium a normal supporter dont get in any trouble. Only the police is a little bit crude in front of the World Cup 2006 but nothing you have to worry about.

I´m not sure if you can reach the ticketservice with this number from England, because it´s a "sponsored" number.

This is the central number 0049-69-95503-0, ask if they can connect you.
#
Hi!
Look at your pm!
Cheers,
Thomas
#
Oy!!
man city fans in frankfurt! what an event!
i can promise you will have a good night out here!! there are a lot of expats in frankfurt as well so if you want to meet some brits you ll be fine.. you shouldnt miss sachsenhausen. an area full of pubs and irish pubs so you can have your weak english beer without a head..
dont miss out on our applewine!!
have fun, hope you enjoy your visit..
cheers

Teilen