>

Living abroad without Eintracht....

#
Those of you having lived abroad or still live abroad might offer me some important advice on how to survive without going to the stadium or watching Eintracht on TV. Staying at Cheltenham (UK) for half a year is definitely a nice experience in my life and after some hard struggle I even got used to drinking lager without a hat. But how do you guys manage without Eintracht? What are the best ways of keeping in touch with German football? Do you listen to the Internet-Radio, try to watch a live-stream on one of these Asian sports channels, use the live-ticker on the Eintracht homepage…??? I look forward to your replies,
cheers, David.

#
I used to swear by the Kicker Live-Ticker, but now I know that the one offered here on eintracht.de is usually quicker and just plain more fun. The betandwin scoreboard is sometimes handy for developments in national and non-BL matches.

Let's see...I also try to keep in touch by email and instant messaging with my Eintracht buddies, read some of the articles, laugh at the occasional brief notes on American sports pages... I'm looking forward to others' replies to this thread, since I haven't ever had any luck with Internet-Radio or streaming. Oh, getting a decent collection of Eintracht tunes is important, too. It's amazing what strange times the Rodgau Monotones can get you through!

It's not easy, anyway. I'm an SGE convert from my junior year abroad and am looking at a lot of years of planning rare transatlantic vacations to coincide with games. Yikes.

Ueberall ein Adler wohnt! ...and you'll be home soon. Good luck!
#

I even got used to drinking lager without a hat.

i never thought that you can get used to that... !!!
#
[/quote]

i never thought that you can get used to that... !!!

[/quote]
Well, as I wrote above, just after some hard struggle and lager without a hat is still better than cider (fake äppelwoi). Anyway, to be honest, I prefer buying a pitcher and pour it by myself .

@sgedochnetegal: thank you for your reply.
Is it right that you studied at Marburg? Actually that is the place where I was born and grown up, so maybe we have seen each other before by chance?
Actually I listened to the Internet-Radio last weekend. This worked very well until I realized that the library would close at 5 p.m.. Since the staff didn´t mind at all about some German football lunatic I missed the last 15 minutes-well done.
And I tried to watch the match against Munich on one of these Asian channels, but this didn´t work at all. I just saw a new picture every 5 seconds...

What I really want to know is whether it is possible to receive Premiere in the UK. This might be the solution to all my problems. Does
anyone know more about that?
#
Well here in Sri Lanka they show german league highlights... Don't they at least do that in the UK? I mean in Germany they show the premier league... can't you receive premiere via satellite? Other than that I go on Sport1.de and betandwin for scores and tickers... www.soccerstand.com is also quite a fast score ticker for basically any game...
#
I am not sure about Premiere, but it is possible to receive DSF (I hope we will ot see SGE in the 2nd BL, but if we do ....) and of course ZDF and ARD for news!
My wife will only one thing more than Eintracht when we return to England: TATORT!!!
#
Hello there,
I'm trying to cope with not being able to be at the stadium through listening to the "Liga-Live"-show on www.bundesliga.de.
Apart from that of course the ticker from the Eintracht-Homepage and the wrap-ups on TV.
As far as I know, it's impossible to get "Premiere" outside of Europe...
Not perfect, but at least I can follow the Eagles from Bagdad ! I even brought some "Äppler" ! Cheers !
#
If you live in the US you can watch one Budesliga game live on Saturday and on Sunday.  But usually they show Bayern or Schalke.  Bundesliga.de just commented the whole game SGE-Koeln.  Super!  And of course the Eintracht Live ticker, it's the fastest!!!
#
Jip, Bundesliga.de is not too bad. If you listen to it very loud and close your eyes you can even imagine being in the fanblock.... Another option: you can watch the highlights of each Bundesliga match on the page www.t-online.de in case you have a t-online e-mail account. Each report is about 4-5 minutes and they are online on Saturdays about 7 p.m.
Almost like watching the good old Sportschau!!!!
Forza SGE
#
In the US they show the Sportschau on German TV at 4:15 p.m. every Saturday. That's what Klinsi watches  
#
Fox Sports in the US shows a game on Saturday ( unfortunately not Eintracht all the time
But the live ticker and the Eintracht chat are a great way to catch the Eintracht Fieber! But the best thing yet is to fly over for a game which I will do end of November. See you at the Stuttgart game!!!!!

LA Greetings, West Coast Adler
#
Hey,
In the states is also a channel called ProsiebenSat1welt, which shows the 2 top games every weekend. The way our Eintracht is going, we might be able to see some more from it in future.
Prosiebensat1welt is available on Dish Network

Teilen