>

Newcastle

#
Hello im a newcastle and im flying over for the game . I was just wondering if you had any general information about Frankfurt which might help me get a few things sorted.

Cheers.
#
Hi GeordieBoy,

first of all, we are not a bunch of Nazis as suggested here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,30088.0.html

You will have a nice stay in Frankfurt for sure.

What kind of information are you looking for?

Cheers
#
Basically i'm only in Frankfurt for the match we arrive 2.30pm on the day of the game and fly back 6:30 the following morning so i'm not planing on booking a hotel as it will be a 4.30am check in and we're planning on going to a few bars on the night time. I was looking for some general infomation like how long does it take to get from the airport to the stadium and whats the best way to get to the ground ie taxi ,public transport etc.
Wheres the best place to go for a drink before and after the game, basically as close to the ground as possible before the game and a couple of suggestions for after the game. Where should we keep clear of ?
Will the stadium be a sell out for the match?
As we're not planning on stopping any where i'm probably just wear a newcastle top  as i wont want to carry spare luggage around we that be ok for getting into pubs after the game?
AnSo basically any help would be great , prices of beer and that sort of thing .
Anyway thanks in advance and best of luck for the season.
#
GeordieBoy,

take the train from the airport to central station ("Hauptbahnhof", it only takes 15 minutes). The game is probably sold out as we are waiting for more than 10 years for a match like this.

There is a big English/Irish pub directly at the opposite side of Hauptbahnhof where a lot of away fans usually meet. http://www.oreillys.com/frankfurt/
No worries about wearing a Newcastle top, you won't get into any trouble. You can also have in front of the stadium (at least at season matches, I am not sure about UEFA Cup matches).

After the game, you have to go to Frankfurt's pub district ("Sachsenhausen"). Busses/trains are leaving at the stadium. There, you can have some nice beers and enjoy the atmosphere. I would recommend to take a cab from there to the airport (should cost about Euro 30 quid, but that's just an estimation).

I hope that we can have a good time together without any trouble (regardless the result).

Welcome you in Frankfurt soon! When i see a guy in a black/white top it must be you

Cheers
#
Of course i mean this:

You can also have some beers in front of the stadium (at least at season matches, I am not sure about UEFA Cup matches).
#
Brilliant, Thanks thats going to be a big help . Yeah we should have a good time regardless of the result, hopefully we would have both qualified by then anyway !  
Do you know how many tickets we'll get for the game?
#
You should use the S-Bahn from the airport to the city and from there to the Waldstadion. Why not going there directly? The beer around the Waldstadion is nonalcoholic on UEFA-Cup days. So you should get yourself drunk in Frankfurt or come to the Gleisdreieck where some Forum members meet, bringing their own beer (and the famous local cider) with them. After the game you go to Alt-Sachsenhausen. Cheapest transfer is the bus 61 right in front of the Waldstadion, best is taxi. There you might stay until you go back to the airport.

DA
#
GeordieBoy schrieb:
Brilliant, Thanks thats going to be a big help . Yeah we should have a good time regardless of the result, hopefully we would have both qualified by then anyway !  
Do you know how many tickets we'll get for the game?

I guess the usual 5% which makes about 2,400.

DA
#
No matter what you do :

Don't mention the war !

#
Hi GeordieBoy,

The match has a late kick off and you're arriving early in the afternoon? If that's the case then SGE77 is dead right. Get an S-Bahn to the main station and have a gargle in O'Reilly's. The city centre has very few bars and in the nightlife areas, nothing opens before six or so.

From there you can either get a tram (No.21) or an S-Bahn to the Waldstadion. After the game head, back into the main station, your match ticket includes free public transport, BTW. If you want to sample a bit of traditional Frankfurt nightlife, it's probably easier and cheaper to get a taxi from there to Alt Sachsenhausen.

You'll need to get a taxi to the airport as public transport shuts down early in Franfurt. Luckily the bars don't! Hope yiz enjoy yourselves.
#
Is there any chance of getting two tickets. I'm in desperate need of two.
I have bought plane tickets, but the game is apparently sold out  
#
Steffenkrog schrieb:
Is there any chance of getting two tickets. I'm in desperate need of two.
I have bought plane tickets, but the game is apparently sold out    

Yeah, according to the ticketing-system it's sold out, maybe a few tickets will be put back into the system due to some people ordering tickets they didn't want..the online ticketing sucks..  

I guess Newcastle is or will be selling the guest tickets tough
#
hey GeordieBoy,
forget about the beer,try our traditional ebbelwoi....a special kind of cider... ..be sure,you´ll have fun on your flight back .....anyway... you are welcome ..have a nice time in frankfurt and enjoy the game...may the best team win(EINTRACHT)!!!
#
You guys have to get the ticket from Newcastle. The Game is sold out in Germany, there will be no chance to get tickets in germany except ebay ... that could be expensive!
#
that's ist.... tickets for newcastle-block you could order from newcastle directly...
#
Hi magpie-

in case you wonder why we do not recommend places close to the ground - the stadium is outside the city in the forest (hence the traditional name "Waldstadion"). There are several beer stalls once you leave the stadium area in the direction of either S-Bahn or tram. But no pubs or so.

Don't worry about wearing Newcastle clothes in the city, near the stadium or in pubs. We are happy to see and meet foreign teams in our city, since we moved up from 2nd division only one year ago. It will be a big party.

The stadium will be sold out for sure, hope you have your tickets all set.

By the way, do you fly to Frankfurt International Airport (Rhein Main) or to Frankfurt-Hahn (i.e. Ryanair)? Hahn is 1:45 hours from Frankfurt but there is an hourly bus shuttle at 12€ one way. The tips you got here for getting to the city all apply if you fly to the main airport and not to Hahn.
Cheers, and good luck in the season as well - shame we are not going to Newcastle!
#
The worldcup match England paraguay was in the city with the supporters a party, too.  

You are welcome.
#
Just wanted to mention that a  lot of pubs in Germany are quite small (apart from the Irish ones) and therefore difficult to get hundreds of fans in the same place.  It is also very common in Germany to drink cans/bottles of beer in the street as it is not illegal - much cheaper and mostly a lot more fun (maybe cold though).  The Frankfurt clubbing scene is very good (house, techno) if you're interested but some clubs can be in very strange locations (deserted warehouses by the river for example).  There should eb quite a few of us Geordies as it's easy and cheap to get to so should be a good atmosphere - as ever when we travel in Europe.  
#
PS:  I would also recommend the local Ebbelwoi (aka Apfelwein) which is really good.  The beer is good but not as good as other places in Germany.  
#
Dortelweil-Adler schrieb:
The beer around the Waldstadion is nonalcoholic on UEFA-Cup days.

Not quite true.
They were selling "normal" beer vs Brondby outside the stadium.

Teilen