>

Living in Frankfurt

#
Hi

I may soon be working in Frankfurt. Is it possible to get tickets to watch Eintracht Frankfurt play. I see the stadium has over 50,000 seats so I hope they dont always fill it.

I go home and away to see my team in Scotland so hope that I get the opportunity to follow Frankfurt.. if I get the job!!

Also, what is the average cost to rent a room in a shared flat in Frankfurt city centre. I would hope to find a place thats within 15-20 minutes walk of the main train station.

Can anyone recommend any websites where I could find available rooms - ideally where I could post in English as my German is not at a good level (Yet!)

Many Thanks
#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
Hi

I may soon be working in Frankfurt. Is it possible to get tickets to watch Eintracht Frankfurt play. I see the stadium has over 50,000 seats so I hope they dont always fill it.

I go home and away to see my team in Scotland so hope that I get the opportunity to follow Frankfurt.. if I get the job!!

Also, what is the average cost to rent a room in a shared flat in Frankfurt city centre. I would hope to find a place thats within 15-20 minutes walk of the main train station.

Can anyone recommend any websites where I could find available rooms - ideally where I could post in English as my German is not at a good level (Yet!)

Many Thanks

well, english isnt a problem at all in germany today as most ppl learned it in school...

shared flat in frankfurt? dunno, but i think you could get a flat with 50 qm for around 400-500 € ... but dont know exactly

i for myself pay around 400€ for 45 qm (2,5 rooms)

and stadium is sold out often, but if you get your tickets early (we "only" have 24000 seasontickets) it shouldnt be a problem to get one - so dont wait until the day of the match
#
Good news that there are tickets available so I would make sure I get in quick.

I'd hope to travel to games away from Frankfurt so would look to get in contact with some supporters groups when I am over. It would be good to visit other cities and have a few beers  

Thanks for the reply.

p.s I intend making the effort to improve my basic german...... I know others don't!
#
...and very important: The stadium is called "Waldstadion"    - you should not be confused by the awful C-Word, which is too often used, if the people talk about the Waldstadion.

(Grammatikalisch war das mit Sicherheit mal wieder ein Desaster...)
#
OK - Waldstadion rather than the C Arena it is!

I have been reading a lot about the history of Eintracht and see that it was renamed a few years back - after they gave the club some money of course.
#
well, not our club got that money because the city of frankfurt and our state, hessen (hassia), owns it... so we never saw just 1 cent of that money  :neutral-face

but, on the other side, i think we pay a bit less lease for it now...
#
Hey,

first of all I think it is very cool that you are actually interested in your future "hometown" Frankfurt. You read a lot about our Eintracht (SGE) and you are willing to improve your german.

The closer to the city center the more expensive the flats. You dont need to walk in Frankfurt because we have an excellent metro, subway, streetcar, fasttrain, bussystem. Even if you live 10km away from downtown you will get there in 15 minutes by train.

Shared flats are very common in FFM. You can find a room in a flat for 3 for about € 300,00. Thats just an example.

Our homegames are sold out lately. Pretty hard to get tickets. But if you order 2 or 3 weeks in advance it shouldnt be a problem. The support in the Waldstadion is one of the best in Germany. Pretty loud but no riots at all. Pretty friendly atmosphere and lots of beer. Alcoholfree Beer on so called high risk games inside the stadium.

Hope to hear from you again! Hope you get the job.

Greetings from Frankfurt,

Tuaniz
#
Thanks for all the information.

If I get the job... I'll be back.

Cheers
#
In case your german is good enough, you might want to have a look at http://www.wg-gesucht.de which is a site specially dedicated to shared flats. At the bottom of the page you can choose "WGs Frankfurt" (WG is a shared flat). Unfortunately there's no english version but maybe you can post a request in english as most students should speak pretty good english.
#
Thanks - someone on another forum told me about that site and it looks to have a lot of flatshares available so I will go there if I am coming to Frankfurt to work.

I just watched the 0-0 Mainz game as German football is shown on TV here on Monday nights. Disappointing not to beat the local rivals?
#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
Thanks - someone on another forum told me about that site and it looks to have a lot of flatshares available so I will go there if I am coming to Frankfurt to work.

I just watched the 0-0 Mainz game as German football is shown on TV here on Monday nights. Disappointing not to beat the local rivals?

Mainz is a rival in our fight against relegation - yes, we are somehow disappointed. It is new to me that they are our local rival. Oxxenbach (xx=ff) is our main local rival. Mainz wants to be our local rival, but they are ridiculous only. They have a lack of supporters, tradition and a history on the same level as Frankfurt does.
#
I recommend you to look for a WG - Zimmer in downtown, in favour the distrikts Innenstadt, Sachsenhausen, Nordend, Bahhofsviertel, Gutleut, Gallus, Westend, Bornheim or Bockenheim, because there you get the most impressions of  city-life, culture and underground. Bornheim is a little away from railway station, but with tube to reach within 15 minutes. Good luck.
#
Thanks Doctor.

Some of those places have also been recommended by others.

I would like to live somewhere that has a few good bars and shops nearby and is not too far to travel each day to the city centre for work.

It would also be good to be near somewhere I could go to improve my German.... and a gym would be nice.

I'm not asking for much!!
#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
Thanks Doctor.

Some of those places have also been recommended by others.

I would like to live somewhere that has a few good bars and shops nearby and is not too far to travel each day to the city centre for work.

It would also be good to be near somewhere I could go to improve my German.... and a gym would be nice.

I'm not asking for much!!

sachsenhausen would be best in that case i think

but, well, frankfurt isnt that big... all other central parts (innenstadt, nordend, westend, bockenheim, bornheim and more) are fine

http://stadtplan.frankfurt.de/stadtplan/map.jsp

stadium is SW between niederrad and airport... CS is west of Innenstadt"
#
btw: what team in Scotland do you support? Hears? Hibs?

take care
Maggo
#
Hibs.

Soon there could be no Hearts due to a crazy Russian/Lithuanian owner who has increased their debt to £28m  

If I am successful with the job interview I would get a furnished apartment for 3 months so it gives me time to decide where I want to live after seeing all the places.
#
tuaniz schrieb:

The support in the Waldstadion is one of the best in Germany. Pretty loud but no riots at all. Pretty friendly atmosphere...

Yeah, long time ago we had one of the best supports... But I'm sure you will help to improve it again.  
#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
Hibs.

Soon there could be no Hearts due to a crazy Russian/Lithuanian owner who has increased their debt to £28m  

If I am successful with the job interview I would get a furnished apartment for 3 months so it gives me time to decide where I want to live after seeing all the places.

Hm,last season against I had a few drink with Hibs supporters after the Gladbach match in Sachsenhausen. Brian,is it you?
#
Not me!

I'm over in Frankfurt in Friday for the day so should know shortly after that if I got the job.

Nurnberg V Eintracht is live on TV here on Friday 9th March so I will watch with interest.
#
Ah,and I was so certain! Are you sure that you don't hail from a Glaswegian Hibs supporter's club that praises Ivan Sproule?
Anyway, good luck in Frankfurt and have fun with the Eagles!

Teilen