>

Ideas for summer transfers?

#
Here are my ideas for summer transfers:

Out:
1. Mahdavikia (Hes no longer the Mehdi he used to be. His experience is helpful to the team but he isn't a real threat on the pitch anymore)
2. Spycher (Hopefully he will have a good Euro, and even finish the season off well, and then we can sell him for some $$$.)

In:
1. Veteran Striker to back up Amana and Fenin. Any ideas? I can't think of any right now though.
2. Back-up keeper!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of having to worry when proll will be hurt next and how long we will have to put up with nikolov. Nikolov has made many mistakes, but I do feel for the guy. His experience could be used in the training department just like Andy Menger.

This thread is for all ideas of who should come and go and/or what positions we could use.
#
Spycher won't bring any money because his contract is about to end. Anyway, in my opinion we should keep him. He is a solid player and important for our young players.

I don't think we really need a backup-keeper. Faithful Oka usually plays better than within the last weeks. And we still have Zimmermann as third keeper.

Mahdavikia will not want to leave, I am sure he got a good contract. Let's hope, that he plays better if there is no Asia Cup and if there are no injuries.

New veteran striker: Charisteas as a tall striker (if Nuernberg will be relegated), or other strikers from Nuernberg like Vittek, Mintal or Saenko.

Yours, Alex
#
I agree with Alex, Spycher plays solid albeit not spectacular and is a good influence.  A veteran striker may be nice but I dont think is needed especially if we have to pay for them.  A free transfer would be the only way.  With ama and fenin you have a good core. Caio can also play there so maybe another role player in the forward position.

Oka is not going anywhere, he just signed a contract and that should show how the management feels about him. Plus he is a good back-up, what you need is for Proll to be healthy for the whole year or get a new keeper.

I am not real sure that the players are the problem, maybe it is some of the tactics as it seems we can not hold on for points.  26 times we have been tied or had the lead at half (9 times winning & 17 times drawing) and this should result in better results.  

This also points to some additions to the defense or a switch in tactics.
#
HOW ABOUT A NEW TRAINER IN THE SUMMER? (or before the summer)

Eintrachtami:

The last statement you made hit the spot exactly!!!
Funkel is always trying to play so defensive especially in the last half of the game when we have some points secured. Not until we got Fenin did Funkel even think of playing with 2 strikers. Funkel is not the right trainer for this team for many reasons

This was on SGE4ever:

FUNKEL hat ja gesagt, es reichen 45 Punkte… und die Mannschaft haelt sich daran, gelle?!!?!?!??!
Bis jetzt: Der richtige Trainer fuer den Aufstieg und den Abstiegskampf, der falsche fuer EUROPAPOKAL. Vielleicht aendert sich das ja…
Also, naechsten Freitag in Dortmund die 4. Niederlage in Folge????

Thats several of the many reasons why he isnt good for this team.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.
I forgot about the spycher and nikolov contract situations.
I guess Spycher is vital, but I am still not convinced about him extending a contract.
I like Nikolov because he has been here for a long time and has given his heart to Eintracht, but I do not like the way he has played as of late.

As for incoming players, I think just about any veteran striker who is free or little money would do good. There are many I think Charisteas would be a great fit.
#
I have been thinking of this question and I had thought of this person and he would be a good fit for the other winger.  How about David Odonkor, with a front of Ama and Fenin/Odonkor on the wings you would have something to deal with.  Odonkor has only started 5 games and with no goals he may be wanting to come back to the Germany.  Especially if her wants to compete for a spot in the Nationalmannschaft.  He may come cheap because of that.  I know it is a reach but what a front three that would be!!!
#
I don't know.. Odonkor is a really fast winger, and would be very good for the style of play that Eintracht play. He is fast, and that is what you need in a counter-attack style play. The only downside to Odonkor is that he hasn't had a lot of playing experience recently, and he really can't finish. That seems to be the problem with Kohler too. Finishing is not their forte. Speed is a necessity in this style soccer, so it may not be a bad idea in picking him up. He will be very anxious to play in Germany, and try and become a regular in the Nationalmannschaft.

I hope that we can keep Kyrgiakos, but it seems he will leave for free at the end of the year. Anyone with comments on that? Replacements needed? Or can Vasi, Russ, Chris, Fink, and co. hold the defense strong?
#
http://www.daynews.gr/?type=1&cat=55&id=82041

Anyone know Greek?

?Seems like Kyrgiakos is gone at the end of the year with a 4-year contract to Piraus?

If this is true, what about substitutes for him?
#
CJ24 schrieb:
I hope that we can keep Kyrgiakos, but it seems he will leave for free at the end of the year. Anyone with comments on that? Replacements needed? Or can Vasi, Russ, Chris, Fink, and co. hold the defense strong?

I don't appreciate the idea of taking Odonkor under contract. He is nothing but fast. Without understanding, without creativity, without scoring. And he is expensive, as Sevilla gave him a great contract right after the World Cup.

We could cope with losing Kyrgiakos. Russ, Galindo, Vasoski, maybe Chris and a new young player would be enough.

Yours,

Alex
#
Thats what I think about Odonkor too. He really can't do much besides run faster than everyone else.

Russ, Galindo, Vasoski, Chris, and another addition would be great too, especially if you put the horrific injury spell Eintracht seems to get every year. But you just have to be ready for those spells. The best replacement in my eyes would be another good experienced player who has played a lot at the club and national team level. The big problem now will be finding a player who can fit most of the criteria and also win every header just like Kyrgiakos did.
#
As for Odonkor, he would be good if he came cheap as he would put pressurre on opposing defences becuase they must defend him.  In addition it would help out the defense to. It is just an idea.  

With Kyrgiakos, that is a big blow and will hurt alot.  I dont think a youngster would be able to fill his shoes.  They would need to get someone with experience.  I think that would be a good fit as you can not go totally with them.  Veterans are always a good presence especially in defense.  As Eintracht always plays more defensively this is a must.  Can Inamoto slide back and play the spot.  I think he is playing well currently?

I dont think Funkel needs to go but I think that he needs to play a bit more aggressive.  It is like they old Germany squads when they got a one goal lead they would sit on it and try to hold on.  I do not agree with this tactic, you will really see what Bayern can do with Klinsi in charge.  They will be a really pleasent team to watch (except against the Eagles that is).  

Eintrachtami  
#
Frankfurt defender Christoph Spycher has extended his contract with Eintracht until June 30, 2010.

I think that ends the question about Spycher.  The more I think about it we will need a good veteran to replace Sotiros.  This is really a big loss and will need to be addressed.
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
The more I think about it we will need a good veteran to replace Sotiros.

Maybe he will stay too. Newspapers quoted him today that he will not return to Greece - that was his nearest option.
#
This is terrific news, if he stays I really dont see a huge need to sign anyone, we can develop the youngsters that we have as there will still be alot of experience with Ama, Sotiros, Inamoto, and spycher up the middle.  I just hope that we become a bit more offensive especially in the 2nd half.

Eintrachtami.....
#
Weissenberger will return to LASK Linz! To my opinion this is a good news for both parties. Althoug Weissenberger really surprised me this season (compared to the last two years), I think it is time for Weissenberger to face the situation, that he is about to end his career. It is obvious that he will not be able to play good enough for the German 1st Bundesliga. I thank him for his stay in Frankfurt. He was a good teacher for Meier. I am sure that Meier is experienced enough to replace Weissenberger.
#
I hope Weissenberger will play an enormous EM!
#
Schoppenpetzer schrieb:
Weissenberger will return to LASK Linz! To my opinion this is a good news for both parties. Althoug Weissenberger really surprised me this season (compared to the last two years), I think it is time for Weissenberger to face the situation, that he is about to end his career. It is obvious that he will not be able to play good enough for the German 1st Bundesliga. I thank him for his stay in Frankfurt. He was a good teacher for Meier. I am sure that Meier is experienced enough to replace Weissenberger.

I agree and wish Weissenberger all the best for the EM too. But not against us  
#
Now we will need a replacement for Chris, too. He will sign a contract with Wolfsburg.
#
theeagleshaslanded schrieb:
Now we will need a replacement for Chris, too. He will sign a contract with Wolfsburg.

Latest news: it is all not that sure with Chris. We still have a chance - decision is announced for today.
#
Maybe we will buy the striker Charisteas from 1. FC Nürnberg...
#
Chris stays!!! Good news, isn't it? I think he is a good player and can help our squad. Whats your opinion?

Has anyone heard anything about Kyrgiakos? There are rumors of Vasoski leaving to Hoffenheim or Koeln.

Charisteas isn't needed here in my opinion. He hasn't done anything, and won't do anything positive here in Frankfurt. Andy Wolf would be a great replacement for Kyrgiakos or Vasoski if they do leave.

Paul Scharner to Frankfurt? How is he?

Teilen