>

January Transfer Window

#
I know that this is early but I thought I would throw this out there.  

I was reading about how Timo Hildebrand is unhappy in Valencia and thought that this may be a way to upgrade the Keeper position.  I know that Proll is signed and the same age but I think that this would be a place that we could upgrade quickly. Proll is injured to much to be relied on and Oka is good but I think he is more a back-up than a starter.  Another reason that I think Timo would be a good addition is veteran leadership, we have alot of youngsters and I think he would be good person to lead our troops to victory.

As we all know, Weltcup 2010 is coming quickly and in order for Germany to win an Adler must be on the team. It is a proven fact that Eintracht must contribute to victory in South Africa.  Timo could be that Eagle!!!!  

In addition, I think that we should be looking for a midfielder that can transition from defense to offense better.  The last person that we had that was really succesfful at this was Streit.  Steinhoffer is good on one side but I think that we need another player on the other.  Opinions anyone?

Whoever it is that comes in should be proven as we can not be developing talent all the time.  There has to be a good mix of proven veterans and young talent!!

Eintracht Ami....
#
You made some valid points, however I wouldn't expect to see many transfers, if any at all. We have nine players injured right now, and most of them will be back during the january transfer window. Obviously I would welcome any transfers that could strengthen some positions.

I'm not sure that we would be interested in another keeper. We have Nikolov who isn't the most secure keeper at times, but is experienced and has great games at times. Jan Zimmermann is young and will be a good keeper soon. Behind him there are a couple strong young keepers in Alvarez and Lehmann.

As for the playmaking midfielder that Streit was.. we have Steinhoefer and Korkmaz. Korkmaz plays great soccer on the left side and Steinhoefer needs time to become better on the right side, but he was not bought for nothing. Someone did some good scouting last year in securing these deals.

I'm not quite sure we don't have the talent to play quality soccer, we just need some time to mold together. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer or else we may dig a hole too deep to climb out of.
#
You state that we just need time but that is the problem isnt it.  We have alot of young talented players but very little in the way of veteran leadership beyond Ama.  With the parity that exists in the Bundesliga nowadays you can not rest on you laurels as you will soon find yourself in the 2 liga and that is something that we dont want to see.

Also, I would like to be able to compete for quality spots or maybe even Europe (dare I say) as last year was the first year for a long time that we did not have to worry about relegation the last couple of weeks.  Wouldn't it be nice to have the opposite    

Remember, players like Steinhoffer & Fenin may not be here for long if they develop and then we have to start all over.  They will be swept up by the Bayerns, Scahlke (like jones & streit) or even other leagues.  Fenin was in contention with Juve but he decided to come here to get some experience.
#
Here is an update, it looks like Dortmund is hot on the trail for a new keeper as theres is not performing.  There has been links between Dortmund and Herr Hildebrand.

Another interesting transfer opportunity has come about with Ama's injury as it is worse than expected with a return in Feb at the earliest with March the more likely target.  There has been talk about Theofanis Gekas coming in as he is unhappy on the bench at Levekusen.  This would be a good replacement as he can definetly score goals although he is rumoured to make around 2 million a year.  Just thought I would let you guys know some of the latest gossip.
#
Most of my friends and people I went to the stadium think that Hildebrand is a total overvalued goalkeeper. He had a good time, but Pröll and Nikolov had there good times and straights, too.

We have much talented players and I am sure that most of them would be play better in other clubs than they play here. We need immediantly something, better someone, who can teach our players a good gameplay and gamesystem.

We have to evaluate if Caio could find himself and will be integrated. If not, we have to buy someone who fill out this position.
#
I agree, I think that we have a good nucleus of players but we are missing something, and my believe it is the transition game.  I think the forwards are fine and the defense plays well but they have a real problem working together on the counter attack. It could be a attacking midfielder (Caio??) or the tactics I do not know but I raelly think that an established midfielder would be a great help especially in leadership.

Maybe we could get diesler out of retirement!!!!        LOL
#
Hey guys,

I think Caio will need time and we need to give him that time. He surely can help if he's fit and personally settled in Frankfurt - both not the case currently.

Alex Meier is out injured and he's an important player missing also in midfield. I really think we rather need someone up front, and quite like the idea of Gekas though the management denies they're looking actively into that.

As for the goalkeeper - with Hildebrand i really think it's down to the money. He might be a hint better than our current goalies and have more experience in international games, but i could imagine he earns quite a bit more than our players and that might not fit into the payment pattern of Eintracht. With Oka's recent performances (ok, a few exceptions there) and Pröll always being an option as long as he's not injured i don't see the great need in that position (of course you have to tink of themid term future).

Interesting discussion though.

cheers
SR
#
Well it looks like Gekas is out, he is to expensive.  Now with Umit out I am not sure what management will do.  I read in the papers today that they are looking at getting a forward and a player on defense.  According to Bruchhagen dont expect any stars.

I would really like to see Caio to get some game time but it looks like he is not really in Funkel game plan.  It is a shame because it seems that when he does get in it looks good.  But as they say in the US, once in the Doghouse, always in the doghouse.

Any ideas out there who would be interesting to acquire on the cheap!!!!

Ronaldo is still available!!!      
#
Ronaldo is too fat  

I really wouldn't expect any transfers, but if there are some it won't be any "hammer" players that would be starters..
#
Have you heard the rumors about Streit? That would be exactly what we need!!! Streit was always one of my favorite players, would be great to see him back in Frankfurt uniform.
#
But it´s very clear: after short time big trouble would be in Frankfurt again...
Same procedure as every year...
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
I know that this is early but I thought I would throw this out there.  

I was reading about how Timo Hildebrand is unhappy in Valencia and thought that this may be a way to upgrade the Keeper position.  I know that Proll is signed and the same age but I think that this would be a place that we could upgrade quickly. Proll is injured to much to be relied on and Oka is good but I think he is more a back-up than a starter.  Another reason that I think Timo would be a good addition is veteran leadership, we have alot of youngsters and I think he would be good person to lead our troops to victory.

As we all know, Weltcup 2010 is coming quickly and in order for Germany to win an Adler must be on the team. It is a proven fact that Eintracht must contribute to victory in South Africa.  Timo could be that Eagle!!!!  

In addition, I think that we should be looking for a midfielder that can transition from defense to offense better.  The last person that we had that was really succesfful at this was Streit.  Steinhoffer is good on one side but I think that we need another player on the other.  Opinions anyone?

Whoever it is that comes in should be proven as we can not be developing talent all the time.  There has to be a good mix of proven veterans and young talent!!

Eintracht Ami....

My opinion is that Eintracht needs a left full back , a striker just for precaution, (Nobody knows when the captain will be back on board) who is ready to warm the bench and a holding defending midfielder (Ballack mania or Luis Gustavo from Hoffenheim) who can blick  the best positioned player even under pressure, perfect technic, passes and rarely looses a battle. I would recommend the young lad  playing for Athen in the champions league. The guy completely outplayed Diego both in Athen and in Bremen, his passes were perfect and at such a tender age, he had the quality to increase and slow the pace of the game for his team. Chris in good form can also fit into these shoes, but Eintracht has a rickety defence at the moment thus I would prefer him as a stopper next to Marco Russ. Zaltan Barjamovic has been out of business for almost a year and it wont be easy for him to hit the required form on time. On the left back position I will let the scouting department do its job, but I will be happy if they can bring back the former Aachen player plying his trades in Famagusta Cyprus. Who knew it by then, that a former Aachen player (Ibisevic) would be the leading goalgetter in this season? Nobody !!!!!That guy played  wonderful games in the apex class of world soccer.
#
Hildebrand is signed with Hoffenheim!!!  The interesting thing is that this frees up Ramazan Özcan and there are indications that he may be heading to us.  He is young and would serve as an understudy to Proll and Niko.  Not sure if this is what I meant and how this is going to be dealt with when you consider than Zimmerman "was" the keeper of the future.  We will see but I am not sure about this move.  My initial intent was to improve the keeper position now with Zimmerman to take over in a couple of years.  Here is his Wiki profile if you are interested.

Ramazan Özcan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramazan_%C3%96zcan
Jan Zimmerman - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Zimmermann

As for the left back suggestion, I would concur if it were an attacking left back that could make overlapping runs and put pressure on the other team.  I still think an CAM would be good in the middle.  Inanmoto is a good holding CB (in my opinion) and and attacking partner would be nice.  I give the last 4 games as evidence.  If we can create and attack, 8 goals against Bochum & Dortmund, it will take alot of pressure off of the defence.   ,-)
When there is no attack then we seem to struggle and can not transition from defence to offence (9 goals against and 0 goals for   ).  
Just from what I have seen on the tele.

Has anyone else heard any other interesting rumours?
#
CJ24 schrieb:
Have you heard the rumors about Streit? That would be exactly what we need!!! Streit was always one of my favorite players, would be great to see him back in Frankfurt uniform.

Maybe,
but it wouldn´t be cheap to get him back here!
But i wouldn´t agrre with you, if you say, that would be exactly what we need. With Steinhöfer, Korkmaz, Caio etc. we´ve got very good players in the middlefield.

I´m sorry, but my English is not so well.  
#
Eintrachtfan-1992 schrieb:
CJ24 schrieb:

Maybe,
but it wouldn´t be cheap to get him back here!
But i wouldn´t agrre with you, if you say, that would be exactly what we need. With Steinhöfer, Korkmaz, Caio etc. we´ve got very good players in the middlefield.

I´m sorry, but my English is not so well.    

Yes but with korkmaz hurt we could definitely use someone on the left side of the field and streit wants to leave "scheisse 06" and he was asked about a return to frankfurt saying he is leaving all options open.

I actually think we could really use him, Korkmaz's injury is definitely a huge setback, he is one of the best players on our team at the moment and hopefully he can get fit quick so we can watch his magic again soon.
#
I saw Zimmerman playing against Pfullendorf for the Amateurs last week. I know the evidence is only one game, but I'd hate to be a centre-half playing in front of him. He panicked at every opportunity.
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
Hildebrand is signed with Hoffenheim!!!  The interesting thing is that this frees up Ramazan Özcan and there are indications that he may be heading to us.    

Our manager Friedhelm Funkel has said there is no interest whatsoever to sign Özcan as we have great goalies including Zimmerman who is a young talent, and Funkel said he wouldn't dare dampening his spirits by signing another young goalie.

Think left defender and striker are more important at the moment, and of course the return of the jedis (meaning the long term injured Amanatidis, Chris, Meier & Co).

Cheers
SR
#
I honestly think the Eintracht is more talented this year than we have been in many years. The only real issue has been injuries, and lord knows we have had our share. I think with a healthy team we can be real contenders in the Bundesliga. Us being in 12th place after the first 1/2 of the season says allot with all the injuries we have had. I also agree that the one spot we are not weak in is in Goal. We need to strength in the Defense and up front on Offense.  Well that is my 2 cents

Teilen