>

TOP- Ralf Fahrmann on his way to Frankfurt!! -TOP

#
20 year old, Ralf Fahrmann, junior national keeper is on his way to Frankfurt! He has come from Schalke on a free transfer with a contract until June 30th 2012. During the last three years at Schalke he has managed only 3 Bundesliga games, all from last year. If you recall, he played in the 1:0 Schalke victory over us. Ralf also played one game in both the UEFA-Cup and in the DFB-Pokal. In all the professional games he played with Schalke, they have not lost. He also managed 5 Regionalliga West games. He has played 4 national games at the U19 level and 5 at the U20 level. In a recent interview, he says that it was not his decision to transfer and he almost went to Koln. What is your opinion on the transfer? It seems either Proll, Nikolov, or Zimmermann is on their way out.. who is the one to leave?

According to Funkel, Zimmermann is a great talent and he is a player that they will keep at all costs. Nikolov's contract is up at the end of the year and he has expressed interests in staying. Proll has asked for an early contract termination and Frankfurt has not yet given it to him. I would say we keep Zimmermann, Fahrmann, and Proll. Nikolov's time is up, his contract is over and HB and FF have not yet expressed any interest in keeping him. Proll should be kept even if he has injury trouble.
#
Honestly I thought Oka signed a 3 year contract last year?  Am i getting confused?  

I think that this is a good move as I have doubts about Zimmerman.  If he is so good why has he not had more opportunities with all the injuries to Proll and Oka.  We will never know until Zimmerman gets some playing time and proves his worth.  As for who goes, definetly Proll as he is always injured and anyone who "requests" to leave does not need to be around all the youngsters.  

The way I see it is Oka and Jan split the time next year and we will truly find our what Herr Zimmerman has (or not).  If he pans out then the following year you have a Zimmerman/Fahrmann combination to field the position.

One thing that I will reiterate though as I have mentioned in other entries, I still think that we need some skilled veteran leadership with all the young lads.  I think that this is very important and also show some progress.  My biggest fear is that some of these guys will want to compete in Europe or atleast for titles and if we can not produce then they will be gone to another place that can provide that.  With that said I really like some of the young players that have arrived such as Bellaid, Fenin, Steinhöfer and now Fahrmann.
#
This is a great catch by the two fishermen bruchhagen and funkel!

and most likely the reason for the eintracht goal being the unit in the team with the least problems or pressure to sign anyone!

cheers
SR

Teilen