>

New in Germany. 1st time @ match

#
I'm new in the area (from Belfast) & will be goin 2 my 1st game against Cologne on the 8th Feb with 1 of my mates from back home.
Any other british/irish goin 2 the match?
What should I know before? Where is a good place 2 go 4 a few beers before kick off?
#
You should definently go to Sachsenhausen, it is an area with alot of bars and things to do at night.  it is similar to Temple Bar in Dublin so you have an example.

Other than that alot has changed since my last pilgrimage to Frankfurt so I will have to defer to others.
#
Thanks, anything like temple bar will do me fine. I know there is an irish pub beside the train station so hopefully will even find a decent pint of guinness  
#
Hello, please have a look to this thread too:
http://www.eintracht.de/meine_eintracht/forum/6/11154728/
#
No matter where you go, have a good trip and support the team.

Where will you be sitting during the match?

Cheers
Frank
#
We will be in the Ostkurve, block 15H.
Any good places Eintracht fans meet before the games?
#
Mostly you can find many fans at the so called "Gleisdreieck" which is west of the stadium. Ask somebody and they will guide you once you are there. Or take a look at the map at the homepage.
#
There is also the Eintracht Museum that can be viewed at the stadium.

The contact information is below.

http://www.eintracht-frankfurt-museum.de/cms/pages/intro.php

Eintrac­ht Frankfurt Museum GmbH
Mörfelder Landstraße 362
60528 Frankfurt am Main

Tel.: 069 / 95 503 - 275
Fax: 069 / 95 503 - 279

Verantwortlich i.S.d. § 10 Abs. 3 MDStV:
Matthias Thoma
thoma@eintracht-frankfurt.de
#
a lot of fans meet up at the 'country kitchen' kiosk kind of thing for pre match drinks and food - it's near the main entrance, on the way from the tram station to the main entrance.

and maybe Alex or Tim (from the English Eintracht newsletter) are around to meet before the game - I will unfortunately not make it ;-(

greets
SR
#
Always great to have some groundhoppers around. You're most welcome.

Let's get in touch a few days before kick-off to arrange for some pre-match beers. Over the last years, I have met some Scottish guys at Eintracht. I'm curious if the Irish can beat their drinking capacities   .

Cheers!
#
we irish don't have a reputation for drinking lots, do we??

anyway, sounds like a good plan 2 me + can't have the scottish get 1 over us!

looking forward 2 it already & thanks 4 all the feedback in the forum, its been a big help.

cheers
#
Hey Dude !!! dont forget a red,black, white scarf. More vital than Guiness!!!!
bangormark schrieb:
we irish don't have a reputation for drinking lots, do we??

anyway, sounds like a good plan 2 me + can't have the scottish get 1 over us!

looking forward 2 it already & thanks 4 all the feedback in the forum, its been a big help.

cheers  

#
I will for sure be in front of the museum before the beginning of the match. I will be there 30minutes before kickoff as always. Alex might show up also I am sure he will.  Let me clear something.. If you stand in from of the museum looking at it I will be to the right with my daughter and a Eintracht Jacket on with "Fila" marked through it. Hope to see you guys there.

Also the "Bratwuerst Walter" is one of the best tasting places to eat before the game. When you get off the Tram walk to your left and you will see allot of people eating and drinking. There is one right in front of the main exit where you get off the tram but I have never eaten there as the Bratwuerst Walter is awesome...
#
bangormark schrieb:
Thanks, anything like temple bar will do me fine. I know there is an irish pub beside the train station so hopefully will even find a decent pint of guinness  

You go to Germany to drink an irish beer  nothing against your beer... but in Frankfurt you just have to drink an Apfelwein (also called Äppler)
But I think the guys will tell you how to prepare for the match

i hope you´ll enjoy Frankfurt, the Eintracht and the Äppler
greetz
Schnix
#
schnix schrieb:
bangormark schrieb:

You go to Germany to drink an irish beer  nothing against your beer... but in Frankfurt you just have to drink an Apfelwein (also called Äppler)
But I think the guys will tell you how to prepare for the match

i hope you´ll enjoy Frankfurt, the Eintracht and the Äppler
greetz
Schnix

Apfelwein, Äppler = cider !  
#
OK OK, just 2 keep u guys happy I will try some apfelwein also...

...wouldn't want 2 offend anyone or get into any 'whose beer is best' discussion

(even if it is guinness)

#
bangormark schrieb:
OK OK, just 2 keep u guys happy I will try some apfelwein also...

...wouldn't want 2 offend anyone or get into any 'whose beer is best' discussion

(even if it is guinness)

Guinness is no beer.  
#
Flights out from Ireland cancelled due 2 snow...my friend can't make it
I'm well pissed off.

Even though I get the feelin the Eintracht fans would make me feel welcome, I don't really feel like sitting through the match by myself

We are planning ahead for the Dortmund game coz I still really wanna see a big game.

p.s. any1 in the Aschaffenburg area who could use 2 tickets, post quickly & I can give you mine

Teilen