>

Best Eintracht Frankfurt History Player

#
Hi!

I´m from Argentina and I want to know what is the best Eintracht Frankfurt History Player please.
Greetings!
Pablo
#
I would consider Yeboah aswell as Okocha as the best players. Can't forget Hengemühle though    
#
I think Jürgen Grabowski was the best.

But Bernd Hölzenbein, Uwe Bein and of course Yeboah and Okocha were great players.
#
hard to say.
the best known are grabowski and hoelzenbein (in the 70's and early 80's) and  moeller, bein, okocha and yeboah in the early 90's.

and of course, hengemuehle must be mentioned (is he injured again?)
#
And don´t forget Maurizio Gaudino and Manfred Binz  
#
We also had Bum-Kun Cha, Trinklein and Körbel. But it's probably Grabowski who is the No 1 Legend. If it comes to the fan-favs we shouldn't leave out Zico Bindewald and Jan-Aage Fjörtoft...  
#
Don Alfredo
#
charly körbel!
#
my nr 1 is mourad bounoua! thinnest body ever and legs without a shadow made him dangerous as he couldn´t be seen by the defense players...  
#
Tricky question! I think there are three eras:

Alfred 'Don Alfredo' Pfaff (50es/60es)
Jürgen Grabowski (70es/80es)
Anthony Yeboah (80es/90es)

But there are many more I could name

My personal all time hero is pbbly Jürgen Grabowski!

Cheers
SR
#
Maybe he wasn't the best player, who wears the eagle on his chest, but don't forgot the football good Alexander Schur.
#
Hi Schobberobber

I support your idea of taking an approach for considering players within recent era’s.

SGE Football is after all a life long obsession and it is therefore dependent upon evolving criteria. For example, how old you were as a Fan at the time of watching each player, acquiring the learnt experience and knowledge to sort the Moody Diva’s from the true Gladiators and developing an Eagle-Eye at the Waldstadion for who truly delivers Football as a work of Art.

I’ve been obsessed for only 8 years but InselaffeSGE’s Main-Man for the 2000’s is Alexander Schur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNddNu3gke4

Out of interest I just checked with the BBC to see if they have a view from an English perspective as to who have been the finest Eintracht players throughout the era's.

A disappointing result came from “Auntie Beeb” but here's what I found out as it is quite alarming what InselaffeSGE has to read about Bundesliga Football, let alone Eintracht Frankfurt, on the BBC Sport Global website portal. However, now that I've embellished the raw text with added InselaffeSGE Gonzo Journalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism

it's at least now funnier to read......

In the vaults of the BBC I have so far only found a list of 125 top Global players drawn up by Pele which features 10 German National squad members. Sadly, it looks as though he's been hypnotised and brainwashed by Hollywood FC !!!! Either this or my knowledge of which Club’s German national team footballers played for needs more work.

Anyway Inselaffe Buzzle has already got Pele “Worked Out to a Tee”:-

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-9-2004-51447.asp

I never particularly rated Pele as a striker as he never, ever put one past "Safe as the Banks of England" in his entire playing career with Brazil. This is the closest he could only ever get in Mexico 1970:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngE9RCAdWaE

Anyway, Pele tipped his wank of approval to these 10 individuals and I have added who I think they played for (please tell me if I’m wrong) and also a touch of InselaffeSGE humour:-

Franz Beckenbauer – Hollywood FC, Hamburger SV and New York Cosmos.

Gerd Mueller - 1861 Nordlingen, Hollywood FC, Fort Lauderdale Strikers

Jurgen Klinsmann – Stuttgarter Kickers, VfB Stuttgart, Internazionale, AS Monaco, The Blue Chickens, Hollywood FC, Bayern Munich, Sampdoria, Orange County Blue Star

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge – Hollywood FC, Internazionale, Servette FC

Lothar Matthaeus – Borussia M'Gladbach, Hollywood FC, Internazionale, MetroStars

Number 13 – Chemnitzer FC, FC Kaiserslautern, Bayer Leverkusen, Hollywood FC, KGB Chelski,

bollock Verb. To reprimand. E.g."My dad bollocked me for stealing money from his wallet! I was only borrowing it."
Noun. A testicle.
bollockbag Noun. The scrotum and testicles.
bollock-brain Noun. Idiot, imbecile. Derog.
bollocking Noun. A severe reprimand.
(the) bollocks Noun. The best, a thing or situation of excellence. Abb of 'dog's bollocks'.
bollocks (!) * Noun. 1. Testicles. S.e. until mid 1800s.
2. Rubbish, nonsense, drivel. E.g."That film was bollocks."
Exclam. An expression of anger, frustration, or defiance.
* Also written as bollox or bollix.
bollocksed Adj. 1. Worn out, ruined, tired.
2. Very intoxicated.
...bollocks off Phrs. Suffixal use expressing the extreme or excessive nature of an action. For example, "I ran my bollocks off but still came last."
bollock (something) up Vrb phrs. To make a mistake, to mess something up.
bollocks to that! Exclam. A defiant exclamation.
bollox Noun. Alternative spelling of 'bollocks'.

King Kong –  Karlsruher SC, Hollywood FC

Note. Due to King Kong holding the rights to his name, some video games have been forced to create pseudonyms. On the football game Pro Evolution Soccer 6, King Kong is named Kalm. In the Football Manager series King Kong is known as Jens Mustermann; Mustermann translates from German into English as Sample Man and is a common placeholder name in Germany and Austria, while **** is a reference to **, King Kong’s main international goalkeeping rival. In the LMA Manager Series, King Kong is referred to as Daniel Schmidt.

**** All nicknames apply to recent Arsenal squad members.
** Jens Lehmann never had the honour of a nickname for fear that if he discovered one had been started, he would hunt all of us Gooners down and scream at us while pointing a puffy gloved finger in our faces.

• 10. The Baptizer – Julio Baptista
• 9. Van Helsing (and secondly Vampire Slayer) –     Robin Van Persie
• 8. Freddie Luxemburg – Freddie Ljungberg – An American announcer actually  said this once. It stuck, cause it’s hilarious.
• 7. Tomas Rosencrantz – Tomas Rosicky – A play on said American announcer, if he were to try to say Rosicky.
• 6. Spanish Fiberglass – Cesc Fabregas
• 5. Arsene Wagner – Arsene Wenger – Another play on said idiotic American announcer, if he were to try to say Arsene Wenger.
• 4. Coolio – Kolo Toure
• 3. Alexandre Song Billong – Alexandre Song Billong
• 2. Harrrrgh-leb – Alexander Hleb – where Harrrrgh is a spitting, retching sound.
• 1. Faberge Egg – Cesc Fabregas

Paul Breitner – Hollywood FC, Unreal Madrid, Eintracht Braunschweig,

Sepp Maier – Hollywood FC

Uwe Seeler -  Hamburger FC

I will be researching the broadsheet English press this coming week for other opinions on Eintracht Frankfurt’s greatest players (Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Times, The Obrouter, The Grauniad (the manner in which most Inselaffen refer to this paper because of it’s famous spelling mistakes)

http://yorkshire-ranter.blogspot.com/2004/10/grauniad-bad-day.html

The week after I might just cast a dubious moment or two on the dark fringes of the English tabloid Gutter Press for a view on Eintracht Frankfurt’s greatest players (The Sun, The Mirror, The News of the World, The Daily Spurt, etc)  

Chus

Im Herzen Von Europa
#
Hi BSAdler86

I for one will never, ever forget Alexander Schur and will be buried in my coffin with an autographed card of him placed over my heart:-

http://www.eintracht-archiv.de/sounds/63ffh.mp3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNddNu3gke4

Adlers Up

Teilen