>

@foreign eagles: why Eintracht?

#
I am impressed by the number and locations of Eintracht fans abroad, from Canada to China to New Zealand but also across Europe from Spain to Lithuania.

I would be interested to find out why you fell in love with Eintracht Frankfurt: because a player from your country joined the team, because you saw them play at some point? or because, of course, it is the best team in the world? any other reason?

thanks for your answers,

Fabian
#
sogenannter_Fan schrieb:
or because, of course, it is the best team in the world?

Fabian

Yes
#
I have been working in Frankfurt since April 07 and went to the Dortmund away game that month and decided that day to get a Dauerkarte for 07/08 as the fans were tremendous.

I have renewed for 08/09 and hope to see 90% of games home and away.

Friends from Edinburgh will be coming over for a game or two this season (12 were in Dortmund last season) as they enjoy it so much.

I will continue to follow Eintracht when I return home

Cheers
#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
I have been working in Frankfurt since April 07 and went to the Dortmund away game that month and decided that day to get a Dauerkarte for 07/08 as the fans were tremendous.

I have renewed for 08/09 and hope to see 90% of games home and away.

Friends from Edinburgh will be coming over for a game or two this season (12 were in Dortmund last season) as they enjoy it so much.

I will continue to follow Eintracht when I return home

Cheers

Love to here this.
#
My family lives in Frankfurt and ever since I was little I was influenced by them.

THANK GOD!!!

I would have it no other way..

SGE4EVER!!!
#
My family is also from the Little Manhattan also and I have lived there in the early 90’s for 2 years. Was hooked ever since seeing Yeboah play.  Plus you have the Ostkurv with the best fans ever.  Who else do you want to follow…
sogenannter_Fan schrieb:
I am impressed by the number and locations of Eintracht fans abroad, from Canada to China to New Zealand but also across Europe from Spain to Lithuania.

I would be interested to find out why you fell in love with Eintracht Frankfurt: because a player from your country joined the team, because you saw them play at some point? or because, of course, it is the best team in the world? any other reason?

thanks for your answers,

Fabian
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
My family is also from the Little Manhattan also and I have lived there in the early 90’s for 2 years. Was hooked ever since seeing Yeboah play.  Plus you have the Ostkurv with the best fans ever.  Who else do you want to follow…

It is the 'Westkurve'.
#
Bigbamboo schrieb:
eintrachtami schrieb:

It is the 'Westkurve'.

Sorry, it has been a while since I have been at a game.    
#
I poped in to see the bochum game last december and had such a good time the atmospere was out of this world the fans are brilliant & the eagles won 4-0 it was just a perfect day, so from that day i became a Fan, Eintracht have remarkable fans and im now one of them
#
Come on the Irish!
#
Did i mention we where also at he Gladbach game and we won 4-1 , it has to be "the luck of the Irish" . if anyone want to bring us over for all the games next season (to bring the luck) feel free to buy us tickets.  
sogenannter_Fan schrieb:

thanks for your answers,

Fabian
#
I came over to see a friend in December and we went to see the Hannover game, 4 - 0 one of the few big results last season.
Really had a good time and from then on I have followed the teams news.

Also maybe a little bit more affection for them as they also have the Eagle as a mascot, Just like my team in England, "The Mighty Crystal Palace"  

EEEEEEEEEEEagles
sogenannter_Fan schrieb:

thanks for your answers,

Fabian
#
Hi folks,

New around here, and this seemed the most appropriate thread to say hello in.

I'm an Aberdeen fan first and foremost and have always felt there's an affinity with Eintracht. Both won European trophies in the early 80s and both haven't done a huge deal since!

Eintracht knocked Aberdeen out of the 79/80 UEFA Cup on the way to winning it and my dad still ranks the first leg as one of the best games he's seen at Pittodrie and Cha Bum-Kun one of the finest players. As a result Eintracht were always at the front of my mind when German football came up. Apart from Bayern and Hamburg, of course, who we beat on our way to winning the two European trophies we picked up!

But despite tough times since then Eintracht have remained a proud and spirited football club and that's something I can empathise with.

And there's also a little colour co-ordination...

#
Hi Flipper,

glad to hear that we have got supporters from Aberdeen.So you have to come once to a Frankfurt match to feel the atmosphere.
#
Flipper1985 schrieb:
Hi folks,

New around here, and this seemed the most appropriate thread to say hello in.

I'm an Aberdeen fan first and foremost and have always felt there's an affinity with Eintracht. Both won European trophies in the early 80s and both haven't done a huge deal since!

Eintracht knocked Aberdeen out of the 79/80 UEFA Cup on the way to winning it and my dad still ranks the first leg as one of the best games he's seen at Pittodrie and Cha Bum-Kun one of the finest players. As a result Eintracht were always at the front of my mind when German football came up. Apart from Bayern and Hamburg, of course, who we beat on our way to winning the two European trophies we picked up!

But despite tough times since then Eintracht have remained a proud and spirited football club and that's something I can empathise with.

And there's also a little colour co-ordination...

as a frankfurt away-supporter in aberdeen back in 1979 i´m happy to read this posting. from that time onwards i cross the fingers for aberdeen fc as i´m sick of the 2 glasgow clubs sharing 90% of all the trophys football clubs can win in scotland.
by the way, the don´s line-up was: Clark, Kennedy, Considine, Sullivan, Garner, Miller, Strachan, Archibald, Harper, McMaster, Scanlon
Coach Alex Ferguson, spectators 23000, referee Agnolin
goals were scored by cha (13.) and harper (53)

oh my god, it´s so long ago....
#
I am following Eintracht Frankfurt because of my interest in former Houston Dynamo and U.S. player, Ricardo Clark.  With the cable TV option I have in the U.S., I only receive one Bundesliga match per week and it is almost always Bayern Munich and whoever they happen to be playing.  U.S. fans of the Bundesliga were hoping to see a matchup of U.S. teammates Steve Cherundolo and Clark a couple of weeks ago.  Let's hope Clark can figure into the Eagles plans soon.  All this bench sitting is not good in a World Cup year.
#
I discovered EF with a kind of Football Manager game then started to follow real Eintracht in Bundesliga 98-99 the rest is history. Sometimes passion can't be explained.
Anyway, very pleased for this super season, hurray!
#
Before 2007 I only really knew Eintracht Frankfurt because of the final against Real Madrid at Hampden all those years ago. But when I went to study abroad I met a die-hard SGE fan. So, we shared football loyalties. He came to the pub with me to support Celtic and I went with him to support Eintracht. I've been in love with the club since, my first game was in January of this year and I have been desperate to come back since!  

I am considering a season card and a commitment to Ryanair for the 2011-2012 season, it's one million times better than going to football in Scotland!
#
When you come to some games next season to Frankfurt, then you can get to know some people from this forum. Many people gather before games.
#
It was the passion of the fans that attracted us.  

I mind watching a video titled 'Eintracht Support SGE vs. Broendby' on youtube of the Westkurve in action and fancied a piece of that. Three of us booked up for the Eintracht v Schalke match in October and loved it, managed to stand on the terracing and had an absulute fantastic weekend.

Now that Hibs are out both cups there will be a few free weekends coming up, 3 of us looking to book up again in March or April.

Teilen