>

Next English Language Newsletter...

#
....is coming out on Thursday. It will contain some info on our new signing Heiko Butscher as well as a little diary of the training camp in Doha/Qatar alongside images and statements of players and manager Armin Veh.

You can sign up here:

http://www.eintracht.de/english/newsletter/abo.php?email=E-Mail-Adress

Don't miss out on the exclusive English Eintracht newsletter content!
#
I'm looking forward to it.
#
As always, I enjoyed reading the newsletter which I received today. A big thx to everyone involved!
#
Glad you liked it, great to hear (read)

What are your thoughts on Eintracht's signings Amedick, Butscher and Abu?
#
Well, you never know what happens... ,-)

Being asked to give my opinion as of today, I think that the signing of Amedick and Butscher makes sense insofar that we strongly needed players who can lead a team and speak their mind. As far as I know, both players are former captains of their respective teams. Plus Anderson is still recovering from an injury, so it's good to have more defensive players. Moreover, Butscher is able to replace Djakpa, if necessary.

As to Abu, I have no idea. I've never seen him play. If he will be given field time by our manager Veh, good for him. Hopefully it will be good for us as well. ,-)
#
Fully agree on Buthscher and Amedick, both also have helped clubs to get promoted which might help.

With Abu we'll see, maybe he gets some appearances in the African Cup of Nations and a boost from that.

Time to get the ball on the pitch again!
#
Does anybody agree that we will miss Gekas? Manager Veh explains in a German newspaper today that this transfer was not a only matter of skills (the player's character had to be taken into account) - but still it hurts to see that he scores for his new club that often:

http://www.weltfussball.de/spielbericht/sueperlig-2011-2012-samsunspor-fenerbahce/
#
Internet-Team schrieb:
Does anybody agree that we will miss Gekas?  

Yes.
#
Misanthrop schrieb:
Internet-Team schrieb:

Yes.  

No  
#
bernie schrieb:
Misanthrop schrieb:
Internet-Team schrieb:

Yes.  

No    

Obviously a very controversial topic  
#
A bit of a de ja vus, remember when Tosun left for Turkey and scored lots right away? Gekas is now on 6 goals in 5 matches for Samsunspor - including a hattrick against Fenerbahce who could have gone level with top of the table Galatasaray.

Looking at Idrissou's injury (might be on the bench on Sunday though) and the Helmes transfer not happening I would have liked to keep Gekas in the squad.

At least Fürth lost today!
#
bernie schrieb:
Misanthrop schrieb:
Internet-Team schrieb:

Yes.  

No    

Maybe!  
#
Internet-Team schrieb:

Nah, not really.

Gekas certainly is a great striker. But we've already made the mistake to rely too much on his skills (during the second half of last season). We all know how badly this season ended for us. It's good that we don't repeat this mistake. (Lets rather make others. )

Admittedly, we'll never know what would have happened if Gekas had stayed in Frankfurt. But I think in the long run, it's better this way.
#
Funny enough Alex Meier seems to become our 'life insurance' now - as great as it is to see him score again (even twice yesterday), there is a worry that the others don't live up to it.

Hopefully Idrissou, Hoffer and Friend prove me wrong against Düsseldorf!
#
Idrissou's goals record is good so if he stays fit then I'd have no concerns.

With Helmes not arriving and no Plan B being in place, I think we will now need to rely on Idrissou and Meier to score the goals as I don't see Hoffer or Friend being good enough unfortunately. Armin Veh obviously doesn't either!
#
Agree, the majority of goals will come from Idrissou and Meier, Hoffer might pick up again and hopefully some surprise player will join in (Kittel, Abu, Friend - Butscher/Amedick with headers?). And of course there's Matmour for late match winning goals

Teilen