>

Has anyone ever migrated to a foreign country?

#
Hi there, "Expat Eagles",

are there any expats here at all? Note that I do not want to create a thread covering Eintracht fans world-wide. Instead, I want to create a list of Eintracht fans who emigrated from their home country to a foreign country.

Let's start: Which country have you immigrated to?

Thanks and Best regards.
#
I have lived and worked in France for 7 months, but I came back. Does that count?
#
grinch schrieb:
Does that count?

Almost. I'm just trying to find people who went through an immigration process: not something like a Working Holiday, but a process for a permanent migration.
#
I did actually on several occasions.

..- First i went to Netherland (Amsterdam) and lived and  
....worked there for 7 Month.

..- Right now i live and study here in the Philippines for the
....past 5 years.

..- I´m expected to be back in Germany in the middle of the
....next year, probably Kaiserlautern That counts  

..- But i will leave and stay for good to the Philippines
....again (love it there) in around 5 to 6 years with my
....sister her husband and my maybe wife    

It´s all planned and kinda set (can´t wait for it to be happening already).  

But wherever i will be or go, Eintracht will follow and i´ll never let go of it.
#
I migrated to the United States about 2.5 years ago. I live about 25 minutes outside of Manhattan (Queens) and I just love the lifestyle here. So many different cultures, religions, ethnicities, and so on, its amazing.
However, I always enjoy to go "home" (wetzlar) to spend time with my friends and family. Its a big step to live alone in a different country but I would definitely support the decision by someone who is taking that step. Sometimes it is very hard but it is definitely an awesome experience.
The only thing that sucks is the different timezone because of the eintracht. Sunday games are at 7:30 in the morning and Saturday games are already at 7:00 in the morning and I will probably never get used to that time

Dede
#
Lived and worked in London / UK for 11 years. Not that difficult with visa, work permit etc due to the European Union. And also not with kick off times as the time zone is just an hour ahead of Germany. A great experience altogether.
#
Alright, that's not as many people as I expected. Anyhow, would you mind to share your experience of the whole migration process with me? What were the stumbling blocks you had to overcome, how long did it take, what was your timeline? I'd be very interested to know - feel free to send me private messages if you prefer not to share this information publicly. Thanks in advance for your contribution!
#
I'm Belgian and use to live as well for 7 years in Spain, Las palmas, Alicante and Alicante.
What do you want to know????
YES THE WETHER IS BETTER THAN IN Germany or Belgium  
#
2 Years Brunei
2 Years Moscow
3 Years Dubai
now Qatar

Immi process for australia done, touch done in DU end of the year

Does it count?

By the way, follow every bloody game in the internet.
#
guuuude schrieb:
2 Years Brunei
2 Years Moscow
3 Years Dubai
now Qatar

Immi process for australia down, touch done in DU end of the year

Does it count?

By the way, follow every bloody game in the internet.  
#
Pro edit funktion
#
From Germany to Norway. 12 years ago I migrated to Norway and i am still living there.
#
Migrated from Frankfurt to Lima, Perú end of 2010. It was very difficult to get the working VISA, took like 5 month and a lot of paperwork. Now I have to pay yearly for renovation.

Hate it to stream every match, was a bad time to get up on 6 o clock on Sundays...

Pero vale la pena para vivir en el país mas hermoso del mundo
#
Hi there,

I moved from Ffm to Vancouver, Canada 3.5 years ago. Looking
forward to watch Eintracht games on some shady internet streams or bwin at 6:30 in the morning. But just the other day I saw a car at a Tim Horten's parking lot with a big Eintracht bumper sticker ... I was totally excited and I walked up to the driver but it was her husband's car and he
is the Eintracht fan .... she was a FCK fan !!! ... what?? how can you be married to a FCK fan ... well Canadians what can you say.  
#
kraut67 schrieb:
but it was her husband's car and he
is the Eintracht fan .... she was a FCK fan !!! ... what?? how can you be married to a FCK fan ... well Canadians what can you say.    

I guess the old saying "opposites attract" applies in this case. ,-)
#
from Germany to California
#
I've been in Ireland since August and I'll stay here till the end of May. I'm just here for an exchange year but I really miss Frankfurt and when Eintracht play I sometimes get Homesick because they play awesome and I really want to watch them live again.
#
I'm living in Canada for over one year now. Looking forward to get my PR done within the next first half of the upcoming year.
#
I lived 1 Year in Japan near Omiya in Saitama.

Teilen