>

potential transfers

#
hi everyone,
this thread is about potential transfers for the new season. newspapers report that eintracht frankfurt searches for a new defender and someone who is able to compensate our midfield player michael fink who will probably go to galatasaray or fenerbahce istanbul to play in the champions league. so who is going to come? of course herbiert bruchhagen, friedhelm funkel and charly körbel have the ambition to strengthen the team. here are the most interesting names:

1) hanno balitsch from hannover 96: if eintracht really wants him it will cots about 3 to 4 million euro
2) bastian reinhardt from hamburg: his contract ends this season so he is for free. his advantage is his experience!
3) karim haggui from leverkusen: his contract ends this season too and he is for free. but haggui is not cheap because he earns a lot in leverkusen and doesn't want to earn less

so what do you think and what's the most interesting what do you know about new transfers for the new season???

gb
#
i think one of the best player ist Holby by alemania aachen
This is a good player for us,but at time a lot of other teams are interested at him
#
If gladbach would go down I think Marin would be nice to bring back in the fold  
#
Marin is already going to Bremen
#
Mathias Lehmann the midfielder from Aachen will fit proper in Finks shoes. He has a wonderful shooting technique and has scored some wonderful free kicks for Aachen. Another wonderful midfielder is Mcdonald Mariga from italy serie B side AC Parma. He is a hardworking midfielder with good ball control. You can only compare him to young Patrick Viera in his Arsenal days. Bastian Reinhardt will be the best man to strengthen the defence.
#
I know that this is a long shot as he wants to go to England but Oguchi Onyewu would be an excellent addition in central defense.  He is a bigger faster version of Sotirios K.  He is a free transfer and played at Standard Liege and is the best defender on the US National Team.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oguchi_Onyewu
#
I would like to see Oguchi Onyewu play for the Eintracht, that would be awesome!!
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
I know that this is a long shot as he wants to go to England but Oguchi Onyewu would be an excellent addition in central defense.  He is a bigger faster version of Sotirios K.  He is a free transfer and played at Standard Liege and is the best defender on the US National Team.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oguchi_Onyewu

I know Onyewu, I think he would be a great defender, but which position in the team will take then Bellaid/Vasoski? But I'm not sure if frankfurt can/wants to afford the salary and if we don't need to pay the transfer fee, the opporunity cost is that we need to pay him hand money which will be an amount X in % of his last salary from StandarD Liege.
#
Onyewu would be a free transfer so all that we would be on the hook for is the salary.
#
In regards to his position, he could play next to Vasoski, I could see Bellaid move forward and play Defensive Midfielder...
#
I throw this name out there again as it may be a win win for both.  David Odonkor.  He is unhappy in Spain and wants to return to Germany.  There would be little if any money to pay for the transfer and he could restart his ambitions for the national team.  I think that he may be really interesting if we wanted to be more aggressive on offense.  Imagine him and Fenin on one side.  

That would create mismatches and should free up Ama on the other and Meier in the middle.    

Could be an interesting concept depending on the coach and his style.
#
I just read this article that may be interesting and could be a  good way to go on defense if they would sign another.  It would be an interesting combo with our other recent signing for central defense.  Huth & Malik in the middle would give opponents a thing to think about when coming into the box.  Just a thought.  I know they would have to move people around and maybe sell someone but it would be interesting, unlikely but interesting.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/9/england/2009/06/08/1312385/middlesbrough-defender-robert-huth-could-return-to-germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Huth
#
eintrachtami schrieb:
I just read this article that may be interesting and could be a  good way to go on defense if they would sign another.  It would be an interesting combo with our other recent signing for central defense.  Huth & Malik in the middle would give opponents a thing to think about when coming into the box.  Just a thought.  I know they would have to move people around and maybe sell someone but it would be interesting, unlikely but interesting.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/9/england/2009/06/08/1312385/middlesbrough-defender-robert-huth-could-return-to-germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Huth

I´m not sure if Eintracht can afford the transfer fee...by the way Eintracht had to decrease their entire budget, furthermore they need to pay 2 salaries( Funkel and Skibbe), because they didn't fire him...
Also Skibbe said that they cannot afford high transferfees.
#
I talked to a friend in the UK and he thinks that this would be a free transfer so there should be no cost involved with the move.  As far as salary, I dont think that this would be out of line.  Its just an interesting possibility.

Also, I thought that that both Funkel and Bruchagen agreed to mutually terminate the contract which would mean that they should be not on the hook for his salary.  I was understanding that they would be liable for the salary only if they fired him....

Did I misunderstand this?  If I did that sucks!!!
#
Funkel had left Frankfurt under his own terms... He parted ways with Frankfurt. Therefore, there should be no salary that is required to be given by Frankfurt. Unless... Frankfurt made a new deal for him....  
#
Funkel, if I've read well somewhere, has expired his contract so EF doesn't have to pay him anymore.
About new plaers: there is Rau as fre-transfer from Arminia, what do you think about him?
We could take back in Germany Delura from Panionios for 0€ he could be a good reserve. Or Broich from Koln.
Then there Atouba and Reinhardt from HSV still free...
Can Skibbe be the right choice as trainer?
#
Rondoltieri schrieb:
Funkel, if I've read well somewhere, has expired his contract so EF doesn't have to pay him anymore.
About new plaers: there is Rau as fre-transfer from Arminia, what do you think about him?
We could take back in Germany Delura from Panionios for 0€ he could be a good reserve. Or Broich from Koln.

Funkel was an icon who has turned to be a sucker. He had an chance to train Kaiserslautern but turned down the offer. Reasons ? He just wanna live on Eintrachts costs for free. One funny thing during his last game, fans gave him a standing ovation with placards printed "Thanks Funkel". But as mean as he was he never dared to give a round of hounor to the fans. Was he really Eintracht friend or just a sucker who wanted to pocket his millions?
#
munro schrieb:
Rondoltieri schrieb:

Funkel was an icon who has turned to be a sucker. He had an chance to train Kaiserslautern but turned down the offer. Reasons ? He just wanna live on Eintrachts costs for free. One funny thing during his last game, fans gave him a standing ovation with placards printed "Thanks Funkel". But as mean as he was he never dared to give a round of hounor to the fans. Was he really Eintracht friend or just a sucker who wanted to pocket his millions?  
^

Come on! Just imagine for some seconds you were Friedhelm Funkel: Would you stand in front of those people, who yelled "Funkel, piss off" all the time, to wave good bye and say thank you? Me, I'd have done it the same way Funkel did.

One word about the other thing about the contract: For sure, it's not gentlemanlike, but on the other hand Funkel is right to do so. It's just a normal process in football business: a coach gets fired and cashes a compensation or continues cashing his wage. I believe Funkel, when he says that he had a great time in Frankfurt and he will be tied to Eintracht forever, but of course: I'd also prefer to spend the money on a new defensive midfielder than to pay somebody who doesn't work here anymore...  

Teilen