>

a message from Swansea City fans

#
welshman schrieb:
Our football this season has been very very poor.Laudrups training methods have left us with an unfit squad that are very injury prone and extremely boring to watch.

That sounds very familiar.
I hope the best both teams can proceed a turn to more success and a good game in the next EL-round.
#
I just read you also had a 3:0 victory at home ... Congratulations!
Ours was just good for three points, yours was against beloved Cardiff and should be a good compensation for the latest results.
#
Hello H ! Yeah what a day.I said earlier that two wins for my beloved two teams would start a party and believe me,my friend, we have been partying down here big time.I have also said before how similar our teams are and this latest result is just another example of exactly that.We are destined to meet and for me it will be an honour to compete against the finest team in Germany.
Suddenly things look so much brighter for us both.
Very many congratulations,have a good night ,and remember a lot more of us here in S.Wales raise a glass (or two) to our good SGE comrades.
Welshman (a little pissed but very happy)
#
My friends the great day has arrived.SGE to win 2-0 and SCFC to put 3 past our Neapolitan friends.If I am right then I can start packing my bags and brushing up my Deutsch.800-1000 Italians expected tonight.How many are you taking to Portugal?
Good luck comrades - Keep the Faith
Welshman (in optimistic frame of mind) ,-)
#
Hello my friend, nice to hear from you again.

Yes, its gonna be a great night. I hope that both our teams will win or at least make it a draw. FC Porto is a very tough opponent though, Neapel wont be easier for your team either. Unfortunately I cant be in Porto, because I had to work today but Im gonna watch the game with my friends hoping the best. Im also gonna cross fingers for your team, its not impossible for both our teams so we have to keep the faith even more now.

Well, officially FC Porto has given us around 4000 tickets. The problem is that more than 6-7000 guys from Frankfurt went to Porto anyways. From what I heard, most of them went to the Porto Fanshops to buy tickets. Porto is only selling tickets to people with an ID from Portugal though, so our guys had to find locals who were able to buy tickets. I think theres gonna be around 7000 eagles in the "estadio do dragao"  tonight, we will see if the eagle is stronger than the dragon   Its just unbelievable and it makes me proud. Plus I hope we can continue our Invasion through Europe after the 2 games against Porto. Maybe, i really really hope so, maybe our 2 teams will face each other in the next round. Would be awesome !!!  

Keep the faith welshman !!!

PS: I dont have to mention that the game against Porto next week in our Waldstadion is sold out, right?  
#
just a quick note: good luck guys!!!
#
Make it happen  

#
Nothing lost for both teams.
So lets hope  
#
We're getting there. I know it, I can feel it, please, God, make it happen!
#
I am lost for words (which is very unusual for me).What a fabulous night for both teams!!!Throughout our game we all kept in touch with events in Oporto.At 2-0 down I thought the mighty Adler were falling,but my friends,our national flag is ,of course, the Dragon Rampant which to me was not an omen in favour of Porto but a sign that SGE destiny lies within a Welsh connection.That can only mean that we will meet in the next round.You have two precious away goals and we have the confidence of knowing we can beat the Italians,as we really should have last night (20 shots on goal-8 on target-their two keepers (one went off injured) kept them in it.)So,under our new coach Gary Monk we are playing superb football.
I am sure SGE will get through and I honestly believe we are now in with a real chance.
7000 of you in Oporto is outstanding.I don,t think there can be another team in Europe who could match that.If - no no no - when we come to Frankfurt I think we,ll likely bring 3-4000.
I like the photo ot the eagle and swan.Unfortunately it looks as if the eagle is planning on an illegal amorous maneuver.Whilst this is clearly yet another sign of our meeting I think it also shows that ultimately der Adler may be too powerful for der Schwan!But,who knows,perhaps the two birds flew off together and lived happily ever after a la Hansel and Gretel (yea I agree that I frequently talk a lot of bollocks)
All your kind messages are much appreciated. This time next week we will know for certain what fate is to deal us.Surely she will not let us down.
Forward the mighty SGE and SCFC
KTF the day is coming
Welshman
#
Nah unfortunately not, the eagle ends up eating the Swan!
No joke - the youtube video is easily found on google.

For what it's worth I reckon it would be a 50/50 game if they did meet. Depends if Monk chooses to play a full strength team of course......and if Michu is back fit.

I'm not sure either team are favourites to go through despite Eintracht's great result in Porto.

We shall see..........
#
The day has arrived and my nerves are shredded.Friends this is a massive day and I simply want to wish you all the very best for tonight.I hope you get through even if we don't but if we can both do it .......
Messages from Napoli confirm no deaths or stabbings yet - their Ultras must be having a lange schlafen    
Welshman
#
All the best to you too.
And for the swan-supporters at Napoli: Stay healthy .

I think we have both the chance to reach the last 16. The teams just have to beleave in it.
And our nerves... Yes, it is and will be a hard day. And I hope we will have more such days .
#
good luck, welshman!
#
#
We were 15 minutes away.Shit - too depressed to say anything else.
Welshman
#
It was not meant to be but boy it was one hell of a time and that is what i am taking with me - not what we missed, but what we achieved!

And that, my friends was way more that any one of us dared to dream a year ago.

All the best,

littlecrow
#
soooo near.
both teams did there very best and earned it to reach the last 16.

At least it was a used day yesterday.
Both teams was good enough in two games, but I think the point was the missing international experience.

But head up and all positiv energy to the rest of the season.
#
Bitter moment for both of our clubs. What a rollercoaster of feelings last night. When we went into halftime one up and i saw the result from naples i was so damn excited.

To be honest i'd say: that's football for you right there, but knowing we might not get european games again for god knows how long is such a bitter pill to swallow, especially when you deserve to go to the next round.

Gonna take a couple of days before i can clear my head of this. Until then: Keep the faith  
#
Great messages lads.Yeah,that's football and we must move on.I'm off to France for 7 days tomorrow so I'll miss the Palace game which in many ways is far more important than the Napoli one.Same for you guys and the Bundesliga.
Anyone in the Dixie Bar on Sunday in Morzine for the footie?I only ask because every year there are quite a few Germans around which does tend to liven things up a tad!If so I'll be there with my mrs.I will,of course,be wearing my SGE hat and SCFC jacket so will be easily recognised
Keeping the Faith is now more important than ever but without Europe I am confident SGE and SCFC will push on up the table.
All the best Frankfurters
Welshman

Teilen