>

a message from Swansea City fans

#
Adlerjunge,my old friend,as the saying goes "es geht doch nichts uber das eigene Zuhause" !
The best unofficial Swans site is without doubt Scfc2.co.uk where you will get all our info and also a taste of  our passion (loads of arguments and controversy).I am not registered but you don't have to be to comment on other fans entries or to leave messages yourselves but ,I understand, if you are not registered it takes a little longer for them to be posted. Go to Guestbook and also Papertalk. Viel Spass!
I predict 6 league points for SGE and SCFC over the weekend and the same next week in Europa, no problem.
When are the final dates and times for Feb-April fixtures likely to be published as I am now getting very excited about our little visit and the sooner I can get tickets,flights,hotels etc.the less chance there will be of my wife torpedoing our fun
Keep in touch and K the F
Welshman
#
My predictions last week weren't far out - SGE and SCFC both get a win and a draw. It could easily have been two wins each but we both suffered the agony of late equalisers. Very painful -  our ground resembled a graveyard. Photos of your Europa game are very,very impressive. The problem we have here is that terracing has been banned and without it a lot of the passion seems to disappear. In our old ground our terraced end ( the North Bank )at one time could hold 15,000 and the noise and atmosphere we used to create was unbelievable. Even Sir Alex Ferguson complains about lack of atmosphere and argues for the return of some standing-only areas but our Football Association ignore all efforts and say that safety comes first, which is total bollocks as people stand in certain sections anyway which must cause more of a safety risk it seems to me.
Bundersliga highlights on Monday nights are brilliant here, even some of my mates are starting to take an interest. My best friend Billy told me he intended to follow Stuttgart until I told him this was not possible as that city is twinned with the human sewer that is Cardiff Shitty. He has changed his mind
Good luck in Bavaria. We have the the mighty Hammers on Sunday which is always entertaining ( for more reasons than one )
All the best from storm swept  Wales
Welshman
#
Bavaria? Let's hope you've not planned flights to support us against BMG  ,-)

Yes, late equalisers have been a plague for us in the Bundesliga lately, especially around minute 85. Without those we could easily be in 4th to 6th spot as of now. It's such a shame that we manage to play such good football for at least 60-70 minutes in our matches without managing to get ahead by more than one goal. Then the last 20 minutes we just stop playing football altogether and focus on non-arriving passes, easy losses of the ball without being under pressure and terrible defending. Even after the 4th game in a row where this happened it is still hard to understand what exactly happens. Is it the amount of matches our players are not used to? Is it psychology? Wrong decisions on Veh's side? Really hard to nail down...

At least our results in the EL are absolutely great and let us keep the faith for better Bundesliga results in the near future. BMG tomorrow will be a tough match though, i could definately live with taking home a single point.

As for the atmosphere in the premiere league... yes, that really is a shame. I guess all you as fans can do is organize yourselves and protest as much as possible. Maybe even the 12:12 protest done by Bundesliga fans last year  could act as an example on how to raise awareness. Fans in all german stadiums stopped support for the first 12 minutes and 12 seconds as an act of protest (Look on youtube for "Ohne Stimme keine Stimmung" which roughly translates to "no voice, no atmosphere")

Although being somewhat unsuccessful in the end, it still managed to raise awareness and bring together fans of even the worst rivals in their fight for fan culture.

Good luck against West Ham tomorrow. Sounds like 3 points should be manageable with the confidence you collected last week.

K the F  
#
Jakky - I thought BMG were a Bavarian side. Please excuse my geographical ignorance. I feel like a right twat!
All the best for tomorrow (wherever you are !!!)
Welshman
#
There seems little doubt that both SGE and SCFC are suffering in the league due to success in the Europa League. We played badly last night but at least got a point. We are having to rotate our team constantly due to the amount of games being played which undoubtedly affects performance as there is no consistency. I think we may have to accept a lower league position as the price to be paid for our European adventure. Is this as you see it for SGE as well? As long as we don't go down I think it may be a sacrifice worth making as my club is unlikely to compete in European competitions too often,so we must enjoy it it seems to me.
We have a massive game on Sunday against our arch- enemies at their place.I hope we can rediscover some of last seasons form as a defeat would be a nightmare. I think you will pick up three points on Saturday but it won't be easy.
At times like these it is more important than ever to Keep the Faith.
COME ON EINTRACHT !!!
Welshman
#
What in the name of sweet Jesus is going on at the Waldstadion. I followed the course of the game on line and it seems to me that there could be  a confidence problem at the moment or perhaps the new faces need more time to settle in. Whatever the cause the league table looks horrific.I can only hope that the footballing gods are with us today in our biggest game of the season against the spawn of creation. We have been allowed 2,200 tickets only as their ground is not much bigger than ours. Our fans are being "bubbled" in due to the traditionally high level of violence this fixture attracts. I f anyone of you can get to watch it it will certainly not disappoint  
A defeat today will make life here in South Wales very difficult for the next few months and will completely make the weekend an unmitigating bloody disaster.
As Rod Argent 's song goes "Hold Your Head Up High"
All the best from a very anxious Welshman
#
Good luck tomorrow. 2-1 to SGE.
K t F
Welshman
#
Thanks welshman and the same to you. I hope you recover and find yourself ahead of that other welsh team by tomorrow night.
#
It hurts.I know very well what you are going through. Anyone who tells me it is just a game has no idea what passion and loyalty mean. Remember only that your club are your life (or at least a very big part of it) and be very proud that you have not sold your souls like Bayern M ,Man Utd or Man City.
SCFC und SGE fur immer
Welshman
#
Hey welshman,

It wasnt really a bad game, but still we always lose our games in the last couple of minutes. Well, we went through really bad times, this right now cant bring us down.  We always keep the faith and I trust in Armin Veh and the whole team to get us out of there. Its not THAT bad, but still its a serious situation. If we stay focused and keep up the concentration though like we did most of yesterdays game, we WILL start winning again. Thanks again for your support, I really appreciate that.

Last week before the Wolfsburg game at the Hauptbahnhof in Frankfurt I thought for a moment that you were here. Some guy came up to me with his lil boy askin me with a nice british accent ( ) if I knew what train he had to take to get to the Waldstadion... He really came from Great Britain to watch the game, its a shame that he couldnt see the SGE winning, but still I think it was a nice experience for him and his kid...   Its always nice to see that and I hope that I will make it to Swansea one day, maybe even at The EuroLeague... That would be great  

Again, all the best for you and your team, always keep the FAITH !! FORZA SGE, FORZA SCFC  
#
My dear Adlerjunge your positive and confident outlook is an example to us all. You are a credit to your club and city.Well done matey!
You will easily recognize us when we come over as we will carry our country's flags,the Welsh Dragon and the battleflag of Owain Glyndwr (our hero from the Middle Ages),we also will be speaking our native tongue (not English!!!). I would also hope to ask for any directions in your language which , I believe, is the polite way to go about things when you visit another persons country. (My German is coming along nicely - "es ist eine schwierige Sprache nicht war !") We will also arrange a venue for beer intake
I read last week in one of our newspapers an interesting article on the support that Bor. Dortmund get. Their Chairman thinks that approximately 800-1,000 fans travel from Britain for each of their home games. I must say that that does not surprise me as interest in German football is growing all the time.
We are also continuing to concede late goals. Last Sunday against Stoke we were 2-0 down at half time,but fought back to 2-3 until the ref decided to give them a penalty in the 94th minute. 3-3 in the end but we were robbed of 2 precious points which could be vital come the end of the season.
Good talking to you all.
Keep in touch and Keep the Faith burning brightly
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
My dear Adlerjunge your positive and confident outlook is an example to us all. You are a credit to your club and city.Well done matey!
You will easily recognize us when we come over as we will carry our country's flags,the Welsh Dragon and the battleflag of Owain Glyndwr (our hero from the Middle Ages),we also will be speaking our native tongue (not English!!!). I would also hope to ask for any directions in your language which , I believe, is the polite way to go about things when you visit another persons country. (My German is coming along nicely - "es ist eine schwierige Sprache nicht war !") We will also arrange a venue for beer intake
I read last week in one of our newspapers an interesting article on the support that Bor. Dortmund get. Their Chairman thinks that approximately 800-1,000 fans travel from Britain for each of their home games. I must say that that does not surprise me as interest in German football is growing all the time.
We are also continuing to concede late goals. Last Sunday against Stoke we were 2-0 down at half time,but fought back to 2-3 until the ref decided to give them a penalty in the 94th minute. 3-3 in the end but we were robbed of 2 precious points which could be vital come the end of the season.
Good talking to you all.
Keep in touch and Keep the Faith burning brightly
Welshman

Hello again my friend   We will DEFINITELY arrange a nice venue for beer intake. Either here in Frankfurt or somewhere in Swansea... or maybe even in both cities if our 2 great teams ever get the chance to face each other at the Euro League. I would really like to meet you and some of your fellow Swansea supporters  
Im really honored by your words... Like I said before, we went through much worse times than this plus we got a great team, a great coach and the best fans in germany !!! We live for the city, we live for the SGE !!!  

Dont worry, Frankfurt is a very international and multicultural city. Over here it´s not a shame to speak your motherlanguage, you will find english-speaking Frankfurters everywhere   I didnt feel disrespected at all, I also spoke english to him to show him where he had to go and what train he had to take... Not a problem at all. Soon Im gonna be in Bordeaux and trust me, I dont understand french at all.... Not a single word   I will get through though, since the city will be full of Adler anyways...   I cant wait, only 2 weeks to go !!!
Dont miss the game, try to find yourself a stream or check your local TV station, you really should see the Adlerinvasion in Bordeaux !!!

Lately I try to watch as many Swansea games as possible. Dont worry about them 2 points, you will get them back by beating other teams like Fulham in 2 weeks. Its possible and I am confident that youre gonna make it. You also play on saturday, thats when we face Schalke at the Waldstadion. Hopefully it will be a great weekend for both our teams !!!

KTF and have a great week !!!
#
So,Adlerjunge,my friend, you are off to Bordeaux. Have a great time but beware of those French maidens .
So ein Zufall  -  you mention Fulham as my tickets have just arrived and I will be off for my first away game of the season. I will spend the weekend in London and will be very wary of those English maidens. I will have no choice,unfortunately,as my wife is coming as well to do some Christmas shopping
Have a good weekend Franfurters.
Nos da (Good night)
Welshman
#
8,500 tickets sold for Bordeaux ? There won,t be an onion left in town (or a virgin !!!)
An envious Welshman ,-)
#
welshman schrieb:
8,500 tickets sold for Bordeaux ? There won,t be an onion left in town (or a virgin !!!)
An envious Welshman ,-)  

Dear welshman, these are only the tickets which Bordeaux officially sent to Frankfurt. All Eintracht Fans had to apply for tickets through our Website. However, many, many impatient fans went directly to the Bordeaux ticketing and bought tickets there.  There are rumours that we will be around 12.000 supporters going south
#
Hello all,

I have been reading this thread with interest over the last few weeks, as like Welshman I have adopted SGE as my second team. At the weekend 4 Leicester City fans made the trip to Frankfurt to watch the game v Schalke. The atmosphere in the stadium was amazing, we were on the back row near the Frankfurt standing section...the noise when Joselu made it 3:2 was incredible. It was sad we could not hang on for victory, but we had a great time anyway.

I know you are planning a trip to a game, Welshman. If you need any help with your planning feel free to ask.

For the future, I hope to go to an away match or even get into the standing area at home matches. If anyone can help that would be appreciated!
#
Hey Welshman,
things look pretty good for you before your game even started. Still good luck tonight, although obviously you won't even depend on that any longer.
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:
Hey Welshman,
things look pretty good for you before your game even started. Still good luck tonight, although obviously you won't even depend on that any longer.

Ooops, obviously I was mistaken as you had two one all-ties against Krasnodar.
Anyway: good luck in St. Gallen, head for that lacking point and don't rely on Valencia or my math skills  
#
Hello H nice to hear from you again and many apologies for the delay in congratulating the mighty SGE following the Bordeaux invasion. We were shit against Valencia and deserved what we got. You are right ,a point in die Schweitz and we are there but will we get it ,and will our Spanish friends beat Kuban Krasnodar? I really hope so because the odds of us meeting become a reality and what a couple of parties we will have
In the league we picked up three vital points away to Fulham and what a brilliant weekend we had!!! Unfortunately we are away to Man City tomorrow so god help us.
Good luck tomorrow boys 3 points are there, go and get them.
Adlerjunge - I hope the trip to France had a positive affect on your French
Adlerfox,nice to hear from you.Good win today and you are looking really good. I was at your place 4 or 5 years ago when you spanked us. I think it was the first game of the season. We had the last laugh though offloading De Sousa (not the best to put it mildly)
Nos Da,Gute Nacht and goodnight comrades.
Keep the Faith
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:

Adlerjunge - I hope the trip to France had a positive affect on your French  

Hey welshman,

Well, it really didnt have a positive affect on my French, simply because the only language that was spoken since wednesday was german  
Well, I really tried... I always said "Mercy" and "Bonjour" but thats all I really could figure out, other than that I had to tell them in English what I wanted from them  

I really cant find the words to describe how amazing this trip was, I really havent slept that much since I came home on Friday, and tomorrow (better yet today) at 10 AM we will start our trip to Hannover, but it was all totally worth it.
Been to a nice Irish Pub, the whole city was orange and all the French people were so amazed, it was just awesome...  

Im sorry for your loss, I just watched the highlights of your game. Keep your head up, you will make it, Im sure of that. Like I said before, you got a good team and amazing fans !!!  

Well, Im gonna try to find some sleep now, since my friend Jack Daniels has been a very good mate for the last couple of days !!!   Have a very nice sunday  and dont back down before the game, Man City is good, but still you can beat them !!! I wish you all the best for the game !!!

Keep the faith
adlerjunge

Teilen