>

a message from Swansea City fans

#
An outstanding start to the season. I think some of you must now start to believe that European cup football is a real possibility. I am certain that the 3 points will be yours today against the usual under performing BM outfit.
We could only get a point at home yesterday although we could,and should,have scored 5 or 6 and secured all 3 points.I think this season will be a dogfight for us especially if we can,t sign a striker who can get us 15-20 goals. But,of course,we must all keep the faith.
All the best and have a good day.
Welshman
#
Next year Euro League: SGE vs. Swansea City!  
#
paluschke schrieb:
Next year Champions League: SGE vs. Swansea City!    

#
This year I saw Tottenham-Swansea. A nice Swansea supporter sold his ticket for a fair price. Spurs Fans were really quiet and I enjoyed the away support

Good luck for the Swans.

Erik
#
Cheers Eric! Great to know you have had a good time with the travelling Jack Army. Like SGE we always take thousands away and we never stop singing regardless of whether we are winning or losing.We are going through a difficult time at present which is to be expected perhaps with so many new players and a new manager. Our last game (2-2 at home to Reading) was very encouraging and really we should have beaten them easily but for several missed chances
We are at home again next Saturday so 3pts would do us a world of good.
Thanks for the message and should you (or anyone) want more info on the Swans then let me know.
Bad luck against BM-you must still feel very proud.
Can someone let me know what SGE means in German and English,please?
Keep the faith!
Welshman (very proud beating the Scots 2-1 last night)
#
"SGE" is "Sportgemeinde Eintracht". That would translate roughly as "Sports Community Eintracht". I guess you know the "Eintracht" part?
#
A very sad Welshman this morning after a very undeserved 1-0 defeat at that circus act they call Man. City.We played some outstanding football and deserved at least a point but when one of their players cost more than our whole squad you have to ask yourself is this situation fair?Do you have the same problem in Germany,particularly with the likes of Bayern Munich?
Anyway,sorry for the rant !
Good luck against Stuttgart I'll keep an eye on how you get on.
Is there any reason why Alex Meyer has not been called to play for Germany?Not only is he outstanding for you but I believe he could also be a real asset at international level.He's a hero !!!
All the best from a very wet Wales.
Welshman
#
Sorry to hear about Swansea's defeat. The gap between finacially powerful clubs and those with far less to spend is indeed big over here too. For example Bayern spent 40m Euro on Martinez - around 8 times as much as we spent on ALL new signings in the summer.

Stuttgart v Eintracht is broadcast internationally by the way - you might be able to catch via ESPN in the UK (if you have access to the channel)?

Cheers and keep the faith!

SR
#
As for Alex Meier playing internationally. I think that in the past his performances in the past were way too incosistent to be nominated. Since last season he really has stepped up and shown some consistently classy football that would easily qualify him to be nominated in most countries around the world.

There are a couple of problems with that though:

One problem for him is that our national teams midfiled is incredibly crowded right now with the likes of Özil, Kroos, Götze.

The second problem which goes along with the first problem ist that Löw usually prefers younger players, and at the age of 29 he would be one of the older players in the national squad.

The third problem is the one i stated above... Löw looks at consistent performances for at least a couple of Seasons, on a level as high as possible,s o good performances in the 2nd league are not recognized as much.

All in all i dont think Meier will ever make it. Our hopes lay in Rode and Jung as future internationals.
#
The first 10 games of a season are always a good indicator of a teams progress. SGE have an excellent 20 points. If this ratio is maintained then Eurpean Cup football is a very real possibility. A few points have been dropped lately which,I believe,is due to other teams showing you considerable respect and tayloring their tactics accordingly. A positive result on Saturday against your Bavarian friends will send out a serious message to everyone in the Bundesliga that die Adler are once again a force to be reckoned with. The very best of luck with that and as usual I will keep an eye on the match.
We have had a great week beating Liverpool 3-1 away in the Cup and drawing 1-1 at home to Chelsea (we should have won it to be honest). Things are coming together very well now with 12 points from the first 10 games.
As usual "keep the faith".
By the way anyone there like Rammstein !!!
Welshman
#
Man kann nicht immer Gluck haben. Heads up,boys.Stay proud. Keep the faith.
#
Hey welshman,

lets hope for 3 more points tomorrow against Augsburg!

When are you coming over for a game? I think many SGE Supporters would like to meet you and spend a matchday with you!

tuaniz
#
Cheers,matey! Sorry for delay in responding due to work commitments and SCFC being busy with some great results of our own !!! It will be the realisation of a dream to come over and support the mighty SGE. I hope to come in the Spring to celebrate my birthday but the Bayern game seems to be the only one which does not clash with work or SCFC. Tickets will be like gold dust but when I have turned up at other grounds in similar circumstances I have been lucky, so it is likely I will come anyway and even if I can't get in at least I can celebrate 3 pts before and after the game with you boys.
Good luck against Schalke. I watched them a few times recently on TV and they are a good outfit .A point would be very acceptable, three would be out of this world.
Keep the faith my friends.
Welshman
#
Superb result today.It shows beyond question that SGE are back to stay and are once again going to be a force to be feared.Forget about the bottom teams and concentrate on those above you as I really believe you are going to have one hell of a season.
I will celebrate tonight with some fine Welsh beer -"Cwrw braf " in our native tongue.
Keep the faith and be very proud.
Welshman
#
Gentlemen, I have to share with you my euphoric delight at our 2-0 win away at Arsenal in front of 60000 fans.We are now 7th and 3 pts outside the top four.I was not there ,unfortunately,as winter has arrived here in my beloved Wales and I have to snowplough etc and keep the roads clear.Laudrup and our Spanish boys are out of this world and I think that European football is on the horizon!
Mainz and Dusseldorf I think have been unexpected but the Bundesliga is as surprising as the PL so we keep on believing in our teams with confidence that success will be ours in the end.
Mainz must have been very painfull,similar to SCFC losing to Cardiff City who are the enemies of our our blood.Feedback on the game and the following emotions would be grately appreciated as it is hard from afar to get a true appreciation of how you boys are hurting.
As always keep the faith and be very proud.
Welshman
#
I came across a headline re Swans beating AFC and thought of you right away

I was at the Düsseldorf match and it was indeed miserable. The second yellow v Matmour was very harsh as it was very early on and only his 2nd foul. The poor lad has now been sent off with 2 second yellows in 7 days - for 4 fouls in total! Anyway, with the standard central defense (Anderson/Zambrano) out - Demidov/Kempf played instead - and keeper Schwegler on a match ban it was going to be difficult - with a man down even more so.

Wasn't at the Mainz match but it was agony to watch on TV also...

Anyway - we'll bounce back, hopefully v Werder already!
#
welshman schrieb:
Gentlemen, I have to share with you my euphoric delight at our 2-0 win away at Arsenal in front of 60000 fans.We are now 7th and 3 pts outside the top four.I was not there ,unfortunately,as winter has arrived here in my beloved Wales and I have to snowplough etc and keep the roads clear.Laudrup and our Spanish boys are out of this world and I think that European football is on the horizon!
Mainz and Dusseldorf I think have been unexpected but the Bundesliga is as surprising as the PL so we keep on believing in our teams with confidence that success will be ours in the end.
Mainz must have been very painfull,similar to SCFC losing to Cardiff City who are the enemies of our our blood.Feedback on the game and the following emotions would be grately appreciated as it is hard from afar to get a true appreciation of how you boys are hurting.
As always keep the faith and be very proud.
Welshman

Nice to hear these good results of your team. Just read of the defeat in Tottenham last week, sounded pretty undesearved. Hope, your great team keeps playing that succesful, so we can meet next year in Europe!

Cheers from Frankfurt!
#
A very Merry Christmas to all my SGE friends and here's hoping for a continuation of our beloved clubs success in the PL and Bundesliga for 2013. Froliche Weihnachten !
We were unlucky against Spurs and should have beaten Norwich at home having gone down 3-0 at half time we fought back to 3-2 then scored a perfectly good goal which was wrongly disallowed. Our last game saw us earn a very creditable 1-1 against Man Utd.
30 points at your Winter break must be a dream come true. Players back from injury should see you carry on where you left off or even improve on it. Europe is now a very real prospect.
I must share with you a very proud moment . My young son has a winter job working on the ski lifts in a little Canadian town called Firney in British Colombia. He met there a young German lad who also works on the lifts and comes from..............Frankfurt!!! He is,of course, a big SGE fan. My boy told him our family all love Eintracht and now the Rockies echo with songs of both our clubs. I will be speaking to my boy later today and will find out his friends name and let you know. Perhaps he will be known to some of you.
I must go now to open my presents,hopefully an SGE shirt !!!
All the very best from-
The Welshman (keep the faith)
#
It’s good to know that hearts are beating for our SGE in the Far-West. Though clubs with Eintracht, Concordia or United in their name have my sympathy I was happy when I heard that Swansea ‘won’ a draw against the Reds of Manchester.
Wish you the best for the coming year; let’s hope for both clubs that it will have a European touch.

Attila_NL
#
Dear Welshman,

always a pleasure to read you. I started watching the Premier League on a regular basis this season due to buying the sports package from sky television. I instantly fell in love with the Swansea City Football Club. Since your promotion to the top league your team created some buzz in germany, many newspapers and online magazines wrote articles about how your club is managed, where you came from and how you plan to send messages to the top dogs in the UK.

I never really had a 2nd team besides Frankfurt to support, but I found one in Swansea. One of my new years resolutions is a visit at Liberty Stadium. Maybe we can have a beer or 2 over there.

Good luck against Aston Villa tomorrow!
Cheers

Möwe

Teilen