>

a message from Swansea City fans

#
I must say Swansea was one of my No. 1 destinations when I've checked out the list of potential opponents. Swansea is a Club I really appreciate, from representing Wales in the PL, to the fact they are (still?) owned by two fans and play a really honest, down to earth kind of Football. I desperately hope we'll meet in the Europa League this year, or maybe I can make it to Swansea one way or the other some day. Plus: I love the white and golden jerseys!    So fingers crossed...
#
Another season is now upon us and as ever on behalf of my family and friends (and of course my goodself) we extend to you our very best wishes for the coming campaign. I am confident that both our clubs are going to have great seasons although I see that you have a very tough start,as do we. But bring it on !!!
In Europe we have an interesting tie against either Hibs or Malmo,probably Malmo who are already 2-0 up. We play on 1st August at home and I can't wait.
I see SGE have made some signings,are you happy with them? What are your feelings for the coming season? Will there be a push by you for the fabled land of Champions League?
Keep in touch my friends,and remember this will be the season when I come over and meet up with you to share a few beers and tales of our victories. Hopefully my German will have improved enough so that you can teach me some of your songs  
All the best die Adler and,of course,Keep the Faith.
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
Another season is now upon us and as ever on behalf of my family and friends (and of course my goodself) we extend to you our very best wishes for the coming campaign. I am confident that both our clubs are going to have great seasons although I see that you have a very tough start,as do we. But bring it on !!!
In Europe we have an interesting tie against either Hibs or Malmo,probably Malmo who are already 2-0 up. We play on 1st August at home and I can't wait.
I see SGE have made some signings,are you happy with them? What are your feelings for the coming season? Will there be a push by you for the fabled land of Champions League?
Keep in touch my friends,and remember this will be the season when I come over and meet up with you to share a few beers and tales of our victories. Hopefully my German will have improved enough so that you can teach me some of your songs  
All the best die Adler and,of course,Keep the Faith.
Welshman

Hey welshman,

This is my first reply to this thread, so first of all I wanna say that Im really amazed that you support our Eintracht, even though you have obviously no special history in Frankfurt. I really appreciate it. I also wish your team all the best for the new season. As Ive learned, your club seems to be very traditional, just like our Eintracht. To me, thats one of the most important things about soccer. Thats why I visit every game at the Waldstadion and as many away games as I can. Its about emotion, tradition and havin a good time with people you call your family! I was born and raised in Frankfurt and will always support my club. No matter if we play first or second division.

I also think that our starting program couldnt really be rougher. But on the other hand, maybe it´s better to play against teams like BvB and Munich early in the season. At these games, we can only win. Maybe 3 points, maybe 1 point, but whats more important: we can gain confidence. It will be a hard season, but Im sure our team will surprise many so-called "experts" again!

Personally, I am very happy with the signings we have made so far. Every new player is flexible, young and ready to face the competition. Now we only have to sign a third striker, after that we can fully focus on the DFB-game and the new season. Champions League shouldnt be our goal, we should stay down-to-earth. The Europe League is great and if we really do qualify, Sachsenhausen will burn for 4 days straight   But still,  we should really focus on the Bundesliga and collect as many points as possible. Everything else is a goodie! I cant wait to see our SGE play again.

I wish you all the best for your game on August, 1st. If I can, I am gonna watch it and cross my fingers for your team! Greetings from Frankfurt and have a great week!  
#
nice game against malmö. 4:0 is very good.

Hope we will both win the playoffs and maybe we will get in the same group  
#
Thanks,matey. Yeah,4-0 was a great result but the performance was out of this world. One of our best performances ever.
I share your hope that SCFC and SGE can be grouped together. From previous posts you will have gathered it is my football dream. Let's keep hoping.
I have also cut an interesting deal with "the Boss" (my wife) , that is ,she and my daughter are off to London to see a ballet, the quid pro quo being my son and I come over to Frankfurt for a weekend and,of course,get to see the mighty Adler.We will go for tickets for one of the less fashionable fixtures just to make sure we can get them before booking flights etc. It will be sometime early in the New Year.
Good luck for tomorow, I can't see you having any difficulties there.
Keep the Faith men
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
Thanks,matey. Yeah,4-0 was a great result but the performance was out of this world. One of our best performances ever.

Nice victory, my friend. I don't think there are any problems in sweden. What do you think, how many supporters of swansea will be in sweden? maybe 2000?
#
You were right - no problems in Sweden apart from the cost of beer! We took about 1,000.
Next up, some team from Rumania that I've never heard of but not as bad as your trip to Assarbaijan !!! God knows where that is and who the team you are playing are.
Never mind I am confident we'll both get through to the group stage and then we can crank up the blood pressure a little
Keep in touch and the Faith
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
You were right - no problems in Sweden apart from the cost of beer! We took about 1,000.
Next up, some team from Rumania that I've never heard of but not as bad as your trip to Assarbaijan !!! God knows where that is and who the team you are playing are.
Never mind I am confident we'll both get through to the group stage and then we can crank up the blood pressure a little
Keep in touch and the Faith
Welshman

Well, yes it will be a very difficult trip to get to azerbaijan. But the important thing is that it will hopefully be an easy way to the group stage.
#
I was horrified at yesterdays disaster. Ich kann es nicht glauben. What happened?I had targeted this game for at least a point. Hopefully lessons have been learnt.
A rather concerned Welshman
(more important than ever to Keep the Faith)
#
Dear welshman,

first of all: nice to hear you speaking german, its great!
What happened in Berlin? Well, i don't know. I think nobody knows why or how something like this could happen.
Like you were saying: Hopefully we learnt by this.
Next weekend we can show what we learnt - it's an easy game: against bayern munich... ,-).
Swansea plays against Manchester United, also an easy game... ,-)

Good luck in this game, my friend.
#
My good friend,C.P 88,you are right on the button there,matey,a stress free weekend is coming up for both clubs. I predict a 2-1 win for the mighty SGE and SCFC - no problems
We will speak again after the weekend - until then-Vertrauen haben
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
My good friend,C.P 88,you are right on the button there,matey,a stress free weekend is coming up for both clubs. I predict a 2-1 win for the mighty SGE and SCFC - no problems
We will speak again after the weekend - until then-Vertrauen haben
Welshman

Wir haben IMMER Vertrauen in unsere SGE. A 2-1 Win would be great, even "only" 1 point would make me damn happy   I cant stand these Bayern fools !!!
But you´re right, its gonna be a stress free weekend. And next week, after the EuroLeague game in Quarabag (I dont know if I spelled it correctly   ) we will start collecting points in the Bundesliga. We´re gonna end up at the top10 after this season, Im pretty sure about that. Plus, we will surprise many people at the EuroLeague and the DFB Pokal ! I wish you all the best for the weekend !

Eintracht !!! greetings from Frankfurt  
#
Too pissed off to say much after yesterday.Believe it or not we dominated most of the game but Man U are simply a performing circus of multi- million pound talent that clubs like ours can't compete with.It's very unfair but simply reality.
Very proud of SGE taking the Bavarians to the edge.I am convinced our clubs will do well this season as we are both driven by pride and  passion that other clubs simply dream of.
I am Keeping the Faith (also "fur IMMER" - Adlerjunge)
Welshman
#
welshman schrieb:
Too pissed off to say much after yesterday.Believe it or not we dominated most of the game but Man U are simply a performing circus of multi- million pound talent that clubs like ours can't compete with.It's very unfair but simply reality.
Very proud of SGE taking the Bavarians to the edge.I am convinced our clubs will do well this season as we are both driven by pride and  passion that other clubs simply dream of.
I am Keeping the Faith (also "fur IMMER" - Adlerjunge)
Welshman

Well, I believe you: Swansea had 56% ball possesion against United!
But what can you do against someone like van Persie? And then Rooney is on the bench, comes in and gives 2 assists...
But never mind, now its Europa league!
Good luck against Ploiesti. On wednesday squad of Eintracht will fly to Baku (azerbaijan).
Hope both of our teams win to get a good position for the second leg next week.
#
Congrats Boys! 5:1 ahead shall be quite comfy for your away-match.
#
Thanks H. Yeah good result for us but to be fair the Rumanians were very poor. Great result too for SGE. We should both now be comfortably through to the group stages. Dare I dream of an early  trip to Sachsenhausen !!!
Good luck for the weekend. We are away to Tottenham (minus Bale )
Where on earth is Braunschweig?
Keep in touch
All the best
Vertrauen haben
Welshman
#
Well done SGE-es erfullte mich mit Stolz.Sorry I don't have any Umlauts.
We are bottom after yesterday and it hurts very much particularly as the cursed ones beat Man City.Not a good weekend but thank God for die Adler.
I must go now and drink some more to relieve the pain.
Welshman
Keep the Faith!!!
#
welshman schrieb:
Well done SGE-es erfullte mich mit Stolz.Sorry I don't have any Umlauts.
We are bottom after yesterday and it hurts very much particularly as the cursed ones beat Man City.Not a good weekend but thank God for die Adler.
I must go now and drink some more to relieve the pain.
Welshman
Keep the Faith!!!

Keep your head up, you´ve got a great team and the season just started. It will get better, as long as you keep the faith.   I wish you all the best for this season !!
Dont drink & drive  

PS: Your german is GREAT. And you dont need any "Umlaute" if you wanna write "erfüllt", just type in "erfuellt". Thats another way to write it.  

Greetings from a very proud Adler. Proud of my team, proud of my city and proud of people like you, who support our Eintracht, even though they´re not from Frankfurt !!!
#
Thanks AJ for the pep talk ,you are of course correct ,but we do not seem to be playing with last seasons fluency. Something is not quite right and we need to win a league game as soon as possible.
Great that both of us are through to the group stages after last night. Now very excited for the draw later today.
Thanks for the language tip. I am really enjoying my German course and hope to be able to practice with you SGE boys when I eventually get to your great city. Perhaps I'll be over sooner than expected if the draw brings us together next!!
Your fans' display last night was very very impressive. How the hell do you arrange it ? Magnificent.
Good luck for later today
Keep the Faith
Welshman
#
Hi Welshman,

yes indeed, it was simply a great choreo yesterday. Very amazing and a great atmosphere!!

Toady you got a good group with Valancia, Krasnodar and St. Gallen. Valencia is the favorit of course, but you have a big chance to reach the second place and go up into the next round. Maybe we see us 2014.

We have also a good group, no club from Eastern Europe, and teams we could hit. I think Bordeaux is the favorit, but the other teams are beatable.

Tell us something about your team, who is coming for the new season, which player has lost Swansea? What about Gerhard Tremmel, is he number one?

What is the aim for this season?

I wish you good luck for your next games! In German: Viel Glueck!  

For "ü" you can write "ue"

Tom

Teilen